• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
Just changed the stock fans, 2x140 intake at front and 1x140 at the rear, in my Corsair Air 540 for 3 Corsair AF120 performace high air flow at the front and 1 at the rear.

The reason I mention this is now I have a complete case height air intake the flow goes over the 290 a lot better and, even though this is too early to tell for sure, my GPU temp was in the 63 degree range and not high 60's low 70's as it usually is when gaming.

As I said too early to tell if this is going to be a consistent drop but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Caporegime
Sounds like the card is not stable with its out of the box overclocks to me. Try putting the vram back to 1250 and see if it still does it. However im wondering if this is core related as if it was memory related you'd have to restart to get control back.

Well it didn't fix my problem, just got a blackscreen 5 minutes in :(

Time to try my suggestion. :)

I've never had a driver version cause a black screen.

Caporegime
Their far and few between though. You don't hear about it that often. AMD issues I see everyday. Why is that mat?

1749 pages of different driver issues in that link Retro. Going by your assumption it appears that Nvidia drivers have more issues. Of course im not daft enough to believe that only one side has issues and the other is perfect. Now really, if you're just here to troll rather than help, don't bother and save yourself the infraction.

Permabanned
1749 pages of different driver issues in that link Retro. Going by your assumption it appears that Nvidia drivers have more issues. Of course im not daft enough to believe that only one side has issues and the other is perfect. Now really, if you're just here to troll rather than help, don't bother and save yourself the infraction.

I knew you would have a come back. Cheers:)

Back
Top Bottom