• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
Does anyone have one of these?

I've found one on the MM for £210 delivered and it's very much appealing to me. Has anyone got one of these reference cards setup in a micro ATX case?

I'm looking for details on noise & temps for those who are using it now.

This does reassure me some what:
We have designed the 290 Series to operate at a steady state of 95C. By running at 95C, we are both maximizing the performance and minimizing the acoustics of the product. Be assured, that 95C is a perfectly safe temperature at which the GPU can operate for its entire life. There is no technical reason to reduce the target temperature below 95C.

Thanks,

Martin

Caporegime
I'll record for you on video what happens and show the fan speed/settingsetc. I find if the temp target is 95C it will hit 94C, but go no higher. If the fan speed is not fast enough to maintain 94c it drops the core clock. This may happen for a few seconds or so, then the fan kicks in and maintains the temp at 94c or lower. Will add it later today.

Associate
Thinking of getting another 290 tri-x (currently have one so would be going for crossfiring two of them) to match up with a z97 and 4790k.

Would a EVGA supernova 850w be good enough? Looking at 70.8 amps on 12v. Would be overclocking the CPU and both gpus.

By good enough I mean good enough for lasting a few years (2-3) so capacitor aging taken into account as well. Im thinking it might have to be a 1000w jobbie.

Back
Top Bottom