• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

He managed to get it to a high temp, not as high as I had but the testing setup was different, so.... I'm just happy now that I don't have to put up with 91c temps! :eek:

That's good then. Now time to get one of these. :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-351-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-351-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

I might edge towards the lightning as it has Samsung memory.

My 2nd card finally arrived and it's in with the glitching MSI card. Have to say I'm impressed so far with crossfire but for some reason .NETFramework 3.5 has stopped working, I can't run Curse client (addons for games) and I can't seem to repair it currently. I will suss that eventually I'm sure.

65e64545-b551-4a67-8103-6da0453a7285_zpsecdbea54.jpg

The temps seem OK, highest whilst running Heaven in ultra at 1440p was 79, and the fan noise combined is a little hgigher than I'd like but I can work on that.

Lt, you know your onions. Can I set a different fan profile per card in Afterburner? I can't see how unless I'm being thick. When I change the GPU in the drop down box they always share the fan profile.

The temps seem OK, highest whilst running Heaven in ultra at 1440p was 79, and the fan noise combined is a little hgigher than I'd like but I can work on that.

Lt, you know your onions. Can I set a different fan profile per card in Afterburner? I can't see how unless I'm being thick. When I change the GPU in the drop down box they always share the fan profile.

Run the coolest card in slot 1. As for the fan profile, no you can't im afraid.

EU = no tax :)

Cool, hadn't considered that! Thought I was buying from a UK site but was actually buying from their marketplace and the English named company is actually a German one. Should've paid more attention when I ordered but it really had brought it home how spoilt I am ordering from OcUK normally. Would've had them by now and have a fun geeky weekend planned if OcUK had any stock.

Better be worth it when they do finally arrive. :)

I am impressed with CrossfireX˜ but Thief disapoints me. I run at 1440, with Mantle, and with my original MSI card I got around 46 fps in the benchmark, but with 2 cards it only goes up to the high 50's, but most other benchmarks are towards double.

Back
Top Bottom