• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 290X with Hawaii GPU pictured, has 512-bit 4GB Memory

How about the simple reason of 7950/7970 being mostly equal to/beating the GTX670/GTX680 after matured driver, and still barely shift as much as the Nvidia cards despite being nearly £100 cheaper plus free games for a long period of time? :p

Lack of sales was probably down to those hopeless drivers that were current at the time of the reviews. You end up with a permanent google powered record that the cards weren't very good.

If these leaked benchmarks are correct maybe AMD has made certain the drivers perform from the off.

Soldato
You guys are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land if you that these cards will be 'reasonably' priced if they beat a 780 or Titan. A corporate company the size of AMD doing something good for customers? Yeah, right. They'll rake it in. That's if they are as good as we hope.

How many times have you been disappointed in the past?

/rant

Man of Honour
You guys are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land if you that these cards will be 'reasonably' priced if they beat a 780 or Titan. A corporate company the size of AMD doing something good for customers? Yeah, right. They'll rake it in. That's if they are as good as we hope.

How many times have you been disappointed in the past?

/rant

If they repeat it often enough eventually they will be right one time, then conveniently forget all the times they were wrong :p

Soldato
If they repeat it often enough eventually they will be right one time, then conveniently forget all the times they were wrong :p

While I appreciate the sentiment, Corporations are not controlled by random statistics ;) They'll never be right... and definitely not this time.

If the cards beats a 780 - and that's a big if - it'll be priced at £600-650 by OCUK

^^My prediction

When do they get released ?
Cannot wait to see some benchmarks!

When will we start seeing benchmarks?

Soldato
A lot of the time it isn't the RRP set by AMD or Nvidia, it's the terrible UK price translation, with some retailers taking the mick as well. Especially at launch..

Even if these GPU's are faster than Titan, £500+ would be a very hard sell for AMD. Remember the GTX 780 is only about 5% less performance than Titan, I got mine for £450.

AMD will price these between £400 - £450 at launch. How that translates with retailers will be another matter.. Within a few months these will be under £400.. I bet you a 290X on it :p.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A lot of the time it isn't the RRP set by AMD or Nvidia, it's the terrible UK price translation, with some retailers taking the mick as well. Especially at launch..

Even if these GPU's are faster than Titan, £500+ would be a very hard sell for AMD. Remember the GTX 780 is only about 5% less performance than Titan, I got mine for £450.

AMD will price these between £400 - £450 at launch. How that translates with retailers will be another matter.. Within a few months these will be under £400.. I bet you a 290X on it :p.

I will be very surprised (dumbfounded even) if this beats a Titan as per those benchmarks and it is sold for £400.

So surprised that i will be tempted to sell the two 670's i bought and buy one!

Unfortunately i think it will be over £500

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I will be very surprised (dumbfounded even) if this beats a Titan as per those benchmarks and it is sold for £400.

So surprised that i will be tempted to sell the two 670's i bought and buy one!

Unfortunately i think it will be over £500

The only way we will find out for sure what these cards are capable of is when people start running them on the benching threads.

Come guys lets see who the first is to post on the Heaven 4 bench thread.:D

Soldato
How about the simple reason of 7950/7970 being mostly equal to/beating the GTX670/GTX680 after matured driver, and still barely shift as much as the Nvidia cards despite being nearly £100 cheaper plus free games for a long period of time? :p

don't know what price AMD will set for their new cards at, hope they are reasonably priced for the performance they will offer.

what you say was right last year, but for the 1st two quarters of this year AMD have increased market share, I think they are back to same market share as before the release of the 600 series by nvidia last year. This has to be a concern for Nvidia as the release of the 700 series cards hasn't gained them back anything, if fact they have lost market share. This is very unusual.

lol, not saying Nvidia are in trouble or anything, just pointing out the 600 series dominated and won market share for Nvidia, the 700 series hasn't.

Last edited:
Associate
What are the odds on the current gen HD7950 cards dropping in price?
Or a new gen card being imminent sitting around the £200-£250 mark?

Ive been using a pair of XFX HD6850's for a while now and whilst they have been rock solid, overclock nicely & stupidly good value Im starting to feel like I need a bump in performance.

Caporegime
I hate you guys. You have got me all excited that this might be ~£400 or maybe less and beat a Titan by a fair bit. If it is I will sell the two GTX 670's i have got most likely and get one ( reckon i won't lose that much on them , if anything due to various reasons).

I know in my sensible head though that on Wednesday we will find out it is £550+ and probably only really matches a Titan :p

Back
Top Bottom