• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This card is going to do one of two things.

Option A:

Be brilliant, powerful, quite, cool running, small form factor, frugal and well priced.

Option B:

Only some of the above and then not at the same time.

If it is option A then unfortunately it will make the FuryX a complete waste of time.

If it is option B then it will be a massive disappointment.

I think we all know how this is going to pan out. :(

Agreed and then when you compare performance between the 596mm2 die to the gm204 398mm2 it could be :(

Soldato
OP
^^

Jezus these AMD threads get some depressing posts :p

Sure the card will be great, price will determine whether it's worth buying at launch but I'm sure in time all these Fiji cards will get better availability / pricing and peeps will be happy. Well maybe not happy, less bitter / angry maybe :D

Soldato
OP
Found the Sapphire spec, looks like it really is the full chip.
Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Nano, 4GB HBM, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort

Chip: Fiji XT (GCN 1.2) • Chip clock: 1000MHz • Memory: 4GB HBM, 500MHz, 4096bit, 512GB/s • Shader Units/TMUs/ROPs: 4096/256/64 • computing power: 8192GFLOPS (Single), 516GFLOPS (Double) • Manufacturing process: 28nm • Power consumption: 175W (TDP), not specified (idle), 3W (ZeroCore-Power) • DirectX: 12.0 (Feature-Level 12-0) • OpenGL: 4.5 • OpenCL: 2.0 • Shader model: 5.0 • Interface: PCIe 3.0 x16 • Construction: dual-slot • Cooling: 1x Axial-fan (90mm), reference design • Connectors: HDMI 1.4a, 3x DisplayPort 1.2 • external Power supply: 1x 8-Pin PCIe • Dimensions: 152x111x40mm • Special features: AMD FreeSync, AMD Trueaudio, AMD Eyefinity, 4-Way-CrossFireX (XDMA) • Warranty: two years

Associate
I wonder what is to stop nvidia from making a mini 980Ti apart from pascal will replace it soon enough

might be worth mentioning that my mini 970 beats my fury x in a few situations ive seen so I dont rate the chances of the nano that much, the furies really need better drivers and overclock.

Soldato
Found the Sapphire spec, looks like it really is the full chip.

Probably upto 1GHZ,but with a lower base clockspeed. I would put this at GTX980 level at high resolution but probably in-between GTX970 and GTX980 level at lower resolutions like 1080P.

It will be interesting to see if it beats the reference GTX980 as the card with the best performance/watt at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom