• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try at spinning the narrative mate.

AMD put out benchmarks at 4K, where the Fury X does trade blows and get some wins with the 980 Ti, and destroys the 980.

Nano will be the same story, excellent 4K performance in a tiny package. Something that there is no alternative for.

If your at 1080P look elsewhere?

Not according to the experts on here, the FX is around the 980 (wins some loses some), non X is around 390X (wins some loses some, and the 290X seen as the 390X is just it rebranded), so the Nano at 1000MHz or less, will be slower than the 290X, as to beat the 290X, it would need to be clocked higher than 1040, not lower ;) :p

Not according to the experts on here, the FX is around the 980 (wins some loses some), non X is around 390X (wins some loses some, and the 290X seen as the 390X is just it rebranded), so the Nano at 1000MHz or less, will be slower than the 290X, as to beat the 290X, it would need to be clocked higher than 1040, not lower ;) :p

Yeah no, that's tosh :p

Fury X loses some steam at lower res but is still faster than a 980.

Tried them all myself, Fury X is faster than a 980 generally. And much much much faster at higher resolution :D

But if the Nano is 30% faster at 4k than card "x" which can say manage 30fps in game "y," it is still only 39fps and still borderline playable (even with a Freesync monitor). ;)

Doesn't stop the nvidia fan boys raving about the next super gen which is only 2 FPS faster does it ?

:D;):D

I'm interested if we see full waterblocks coming out for these.....

That's what I was thinking, if you're going to stick a waterblock on it then it kind of defeats the purpose of the Nano, you'd might as well just buy a Fury X.

That's what I was thinking, if you're going to stick a waterblock on it then it kind of defeats the purpose of the Nano, you'd might as well just buy a Fury X.

The PCB for the nano is still smaller in size than the fury and fury x.

You could water cool it in a smaller system.

And apparently the Nano will be $400. According to a leak.

Last edited:
Yeah but surely if you've got room for a pump & radiator a few centremeters in card size isn't going to matter? and like nashathedog says there'll probably be a rather aggressive power cap.

Yeah but surely if you've got room for a pump & radiator a few centremeters in card size isn't going to matter? and like nashathedog says there'll probably be a rather aggressive power cap.

Oh yeah i understand that. But i am looking at it from the view of the target market. as in SFF cases rather than Full towers.

287.jpg

Soon in every PC Store around the world :D

ps. Soz for crap paint job :p Came up with this at my Polish forums :D

This card is going to do one of two things.

Option A:

Be brilliant, powerful, quite, cool running, small form factor, frugal and well priced.

Option B:

Only some of the above and then not at the same time.

If it is option A then unfortunately it will make the FuryX a complete waste of time.

If it is option B then it will be a massive disappointment.

I think we all know how this is going to pan out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom