• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Heard it all now. I think my 970 is a great card but it's around 290X performance in a comparison to AMD. It's absolutely nowhere near the Fury X in performance what-so-ever, you'd need something like a 980Ti for that.

Soldato
OP
Heard it all now. I think my 970 is a great card but it's around 290X performance in a comparison to AMD. It's absolutely nowhere near the Fury X in performance what-so-ever, you'd need something like a 980Ti for that.

Yeah man, these guys are tripping. To busy pushing out FUD. Fury X is at that 980 Ti level, not GTX 970 :D Just lol.

I've tried em, not just using fuddery and bias, I mean I've actually installed them in my system and used them. These guys are such kidders :p:D Sweet really..

Caporegime

Eh ? course it is, the 290X isn't that much slower than the FX, couple of frames or so, as its around par with the Fury non X, and from reviews, thats only around 3/5 frames avg slower than the X, so surely, a 970 with a bit of a clock, can easily get an extra 3/5 frames, which would par it with the X :p

You wanna lay of the shrooms you guys, the FX is around the 980, the non X is around the 390X (the renamed 290X), a 970 isn't much slower, we were told this when all the reviews came out by all the experts in here :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lmfao!, $649 for around 970 performance :D :D :D

AMD want to lay off the shrooms as well :p

Bless you keep saying it performs like a 970. No reviews, no benchys. Fueled by pure fanboish bias. Amazing :D

In regard to the price though, I saw that and thought um yeah good luck with that AMD :p:D

I would have tried one at around £380. $649, AMD are having a giraffe.

Tbh I wonder if this current pricing is purely because there is just no stock, once availability is better reality pricing might kick in.

Either way it's a fail tbh, pricing to high / no stock. Fiji has been a really bad launch for AMD. Need to get availability sorted..

Caporegime
Lmao at telling you to lay off the shrooms, i wanna lay off them myself.

I lashed out £900 on a pair of Fury non Xs, when i could have only spend around £200 or summit on another 290X, for the same performance! :D

Soldato
OP
Lmao at telling you to lay off the shrooms, i wanna lay off them myself.

I lashed out £900 on a pair of Fury non Xs, when i could have only spend around £200 or summit on another 290X, for the same performance! :D

So you say the Fury X performs around 970 / 980 level. Does that mean your Fury non X's are on par with the GTX 960's? :p:D

Caporegime
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

If they try to push up prices massively for Arctic Islands then love will officially be over. Not looking forward to a mid-range AMD card costing £350.

What the frock is up with AMD these days. They used to have a clue. Now they seem to lurch from one disaster to another. Nano could have been a contender :(

Soldato
OP
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

If they try to push up prices massively for Arctic Islands then love will officially be over. Not looking forward to a mid-range AMD card costing £350.

What the frock is up with AMD these days. They used to have a clue. Now they seem to lurch from one disaster to another. Nano could have been a contender :(

Agreed, pricing just isn't justified.

Maybe because there is like no stock, prices will remain artificially high as they can sell a few cards at a higher price.

When availability improves prices should come down. But none of this has done AMD any favors, at a time when AMD's stock and market share are both at an all time low. Overpriced products to boot.

bru

bru

Soldato
So if the media are under embargo for performance data until the 10th of September, just what are they announcing tomorrow. I mean surely we've had the product announcement already when they showed us the FuryX.

Caporegime
So you say the Fury X performs around 970 / 980 level.

Experts on here do, its all we heard when they were released. :p

Back OT:

If this is a full fat FX, then they made the wrong decision going for the AIO only on that, as could have saved themselves from all those returns for Tis due to pump whine, if a single fan could have just been put on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys calm down, the $649 price is bogus. Amd recently don't tell the price until the very last moment. Before the release the FX was rumoured at $900...they will tell the real price before release...so i think this will be 9th of Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom