• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A Sapphire Fury Tri-X OC is £449 available now,

I know that it could be a niche market for the Nano (or not with a bit of luck) and it will be an amazing card for small builds but the price is more than a little high IMO. if true.

I really don't think it will land at the price said in the article... If it is between the Fury X and the 390x then it should be £450 max.

Soldato
If the price is true for the Nano i'm sorry i can't see AMD cards doing that well this gen. The nano could have been a fantastic card it just needed the right price. The price is looking like a good quarter too high. It needs atleast one 5th of the price knocking off.

Caporegime
Well if that price is indeed correct, this will be a poor seller. It needed to be priced around the 970 really. Seeing this launch of Fiji has me scratching my head in terms of "what the hell are AMD doing"? Poor stock levels and silly high prices in an ever declining market just wreaks of fail. There is only so much charity that can be dished out before people have had enough.

Soldato
Well if that price is indeed correct, this will be a poor seller. It needed to be priced around the 970 really. Seeing this launch of Fiji has me scratching my head in terms of "what the hell are AMD doing"? Poor stock levels and silly high prices in an ever declining market just wreaks of fail. There is only so much charity that can be dished out before people have had enough.

well I am not sure about that Greg

if Eurogamer is correct then it would totally own the 970

AMD is targeting a $650 price-point for the R9 Nano - identical to the full-fat Fury X. Now, it may seem strange to charge exactly the same price for a lower-performing product, but the firm is keen to point out that the R9 Nano is an entirely unique offering. It's designed for small form-factor mini-ITX builds, where space is limited. According to AMD, in this scenario, the only competition that's anything like the R9 Nano is Nvidia's GTX 970 mini - a great card for a small form-factor build, but very definitely a tier or two down from the mooted performance offered by this new product.

Edited as I cant see much more than two inches today, so expect garbled spelling mistakes....

Caporegime
It might be a bit cheaper if they have production of enough of them but even then i doubt they would be much cheaper, no one buys AMD even if they are cheap, with low volumes they have no choice but to sell high.

Mobster
Soldato
It's like Poundland Vs M&S. AMD will never learn, they see themselves as one of the big players yet less than 20% of market share tells you you are not. There's someone in that company that thinks they can price their cards where the competition is and are deluded enough to think they will either make money or claw back market share if they do that. Price your cards accordingly you clowns.

Caporegime
It's like Poundland Vs M&S. AMD will never learn, they see themselves as one of the big players yet less than 20% of market share tells you you are not. There's someone in that company that thinks they can price their cards where the competition is and are deluded enough to think they will either make money or claw back market share if they do that. Price your cards accordingly you clowns.

Its because people see them as pound-land that they have 20% market share and its because of that AMD have no choice but to sell them with higher margins.

Soldato
OP
well I am not sure about that Greg

if Eurogamer is correct then it would totally own the 970

Exactly, performance is supposedly better than a 980, so not sure why anyone would suggest it should be price same as a 970. If performance was at 970 level then sure, but if this is a 980 beater in a small form factor than £380 > £399 would have been ok. Close to £500, um no that's to much. Good luck with that AMD.

£380 / 980 performance level with form factor giving it an edge would have been spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom