• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
SFF and 600W PSU? who is this aimed at again? :confused:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan/specifications

Recommended minimum PSU is 600W. Yet,Valve were running them off 450W SFF PSUs perfectly fine in the prototype Steam Boxes.

Plenty of people running them in Shuttles too which have at most have 500W flexATX PSUs too.

Ran dual 6 pin PCI-E cards like the 8800GTS 512MB and HD5850 1GB off SFF Shuttle 400W/450W PSUs fine,and both were overclocked.

Both "needed" at least 500W PSUs supposedly.

SFF PSUs are usually worse than their full ATX competitors too.

Its all ******** - I had nothing but SFF PCs as my main ones from 2005,and those PSU requirements parroted by AMD and Nvidia are for noobs! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Why wouldnt you just get another Fury X? :confused:

Because they have radiators on and I can't fit another maybe?

I did consider a Fury but the after market coolers don't match the Fury X at all. At least the Nano looks similar.

Mostly though? well, when the X2 hits (if it ever hits) I would bet that it will have either the same, or, lower clocks than the Nano.

So either way it will be a massive performance boost, even if I have to run the X at lower clocks.

It would take me about ten seconds to fit a Nano. It would take me about ten hours to completely strip my case down to add rad mounts that probably wouldn't fit any way.

Permabanned

That doesn't change the fact that they'll give questionable results when compared to what people see in there PC builds. A card designed with a heat limitation on performance that's designed for mini itx builds needs to be tested in a case to give real world results, Testing it on an open bench is not doing that.

Gurur3d got the card as well and there testing on an open bench, To me there seems to be a pattern and that's going to skew results.

Associate
That doesn't change the fact that they'll give questionable results when compared to what people see in there PC builds. A card designed with a heat limitation on performance that's designed for mini itx builds needs to be tested in a case to give real world results, Testing it on an open bench is not doing that.

Gurur3d got the card as well and there testing on an open bench, To me there seems to be a pattern and that's going to skew results.

that pattern is broken with their review of 980ti ;) No conspiracy. I do agree that it would be best to test it inside of the closed small case, and i have no clue why they are doing it like that ;)

Caporegime

980Ti is expected to be run in a case with lots of airflow and not only that it has a guaranteed base clock anyway, Fury Nano is expected to be run in tiny cases with little air circulation and it has no base clock at all... the difference between a Nano on a test bench and inside an actual ITX system could be quite significant once heat build-up takes effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom