• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
that pattern is broken with their review of 980ti ;) No conspiracy.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with Nvidia or AMD or conspiracy theories,
Why do you have to make it about brands?

It's about what the card is designed for and it's designed to go in a small case which will undoubtedly have restricted air flow. It's about a card that is designed in a way that it will throttle if it gets too hot. A review is meant to show prospective buyers what sort of results they'll get once they have the card installed and in use. Testing it on an open bench is going to maximise it's ability to avoid throttling and it's going to give very different results to the results someone who buy's it and puts it in an ITX build gets.

People always see a conspiracy where they want it to be.

All cards are designed to throttle at a certain temperature and Fury-Nano is tested same way Nvidia are.

Nothing to see here.......

Last edited:
You seem mad.

Not at all, just tired of how some people are always turning threads into Brand wars while others go around ignoring facts and trying to play down other peoples concerns and opinions simply because they have them about a product belonging to a certain brand.
Sounds familiar doesn't it.

It's about what the card is designed for and it's designed to go in a small case which will undoubtedly have restricted air flow. It's about a card that is designed in a way that it will throttle if it gets too hot. A review is meant to show prospective buyers what sort of results they'll get once they have the card installed and in use. Testing it on an open bench is going to maximise it's ability to avoid throttling and it's going to give very different results to the results someone who buy's it and puts it in an ITX build gets.

Can you read?
Where do I put brands in my post?
As I said, for the last review before Nano, 980ti was in open bench case. I don't know why it was like that, and i agreed with you that reviewing Nano in open case does not make sense. If the site in question did not have 980ti review in open case, just Nano, then I would see it as maybe AMD asking reviewers to test it in these conditions.
There is no brand flame wars in my post,and next time I would recommend to you to chill, and read anyones comments with clear mind. We can all start calling each other idiots, but then no one is gonna stay here to comment, since everyone will be banned.
''Why does some people always make it out as a brand wars...'' :D
Because nvidia branded card was reviewed in open bench, and amd branded card was reviewed in open bench. If there was any other branded GPU reviewed in open bench, I would have mentioned it as well, making it world war 3 according to you and some others.

Now if you can take your fingers out of your *****, write to those websites an email asking why they do such tests in such a way ;)

I expect them to do benchmarking using a number of cards so they would need to swap out the cards quickly hence the open test rig. They may be using different OS drives too for quicker swapping rather than uninstalling drivers, etc.

They should be doing the temperature tests inside a closed case but you'd have to ask them about that.

Last edited:
Like I said before 980Ti generally goes in high airflow cases so it's not so much of an issue it being reviewed on a test bench where it won't get heat build up (plus it's a blower design anyway), for the Nano it certainly is because its aimed at poor airflow systems and the design of the cooler has no way to eject heat either. You could be looking at anything up to a 300mhz difference between a test bench and SFF case.

Last edited:
I expect them to do benchmarking using a number of cards so they would need to swap out the cards quickly hence the open test rig. They may be using different OS drives too for quicker swapping rather than uninstalling drivers, etc.

They should be doing the temperature tests inside a closed case but you'd have to ask them about that.

So you think, the game benchmarks would all be in the open air ( an environment the card is much less likely to throttle in) and yet the temperature tests can be done in a closed system ( with the microphone on the outside by any chance ?).
Yup that really seems like a fair way to test such a card.

All these tests should be done with the cards nestled in their natural habitat, inside a closed case, if the card is designed to be for SFF then it should be tested as such.

If the reviews show near FuryX performance and yet the few customers that get cards early on ( probably very few) have massive throttling issues due to temperature then I do hope AMD get taken to task for it.

So you think, the game benchmarks would all be in the open air ( an environment the card is much less likely to throttle in) and yet the temperature tests can be done in a closed system ( with the microphone on the outside by any chance ?).
Yup that really seems like a fair way to test such a card.

All these tests should be done with the cards nestled in their natural habitat, inside a closed case, if the card is designed to be for SFF then it should be tested as such.

If the reviews show near FuryX performance and yet the few customers that get cards early on ( probably very few) have massive throttling issues due to temperature then I do hope AMD get taken to task for it.

seriously do you guys know how to read? :D
he did say, that he expects the review site in question to run it like he said. He did not say that it should be run like that.
You are the second person in this page who lost an ability to read and understand the meaning of sentences.
neither me earlier, nor fs123 ever implied that open bench test is right for nano or any other GPU, yet we have you guys come at us with brand wars and other crap :/

seriously do you guys know how to read? :D
he did say, that he expects the review site in question to run it like he said. He did not say that it should be run like that.
You are the second person in this page who lost an ability to read and understand the meaning of sentences.
neither me earlier, nor fs123 ever implied that open bench test is right for nano or any other GPU, yet we have you guys come at us with brand wars and other crap :/

Ok ability to read. Where did I accuse him of anything.

Oh, we are playing the read things how you want to read them, then accuse people of doing stuff game are we. ok if you really must.

I was clarifying what he thought and then suggesting that all the test were done in the environment the cards would be used in.

As for the sarcasm, Do you think it would be a fair way to test the Nano ? I certainly don't, nor any other card.

Oh, we are playing the read things how you want to read them, then accuse people of doing stuff game are we. ok if you really must.

I was clarifying what he thought and then suggesting that all the test were done in the environment the cards would be used in.

As for the sarcasm, Do you think it would be a fair way to test the Nano ? I certainly don't, nor any other card.

why do you feel compelled to clarify someone else's thoughts, especially when that someone else did not even think what you think he thought.

For the record, asking me or fs123 a question like: 'Do you think it would be fair...', when I explicitly said 'no it wouldn't', and fs123 never said it would, is kinda weird, which I take it as an accusation, as it really does sound like it ;)

So for another record:
yes they done it before with other card, yes they probably will do it with nano, no it is not fair, yes it should be done in its natural habitat, aka SFF case, no it has nothing to do with brand wars ;)

Ok, lets not do this.

We all agree that the way these things are tested probably wont be as they are intended to be used and that it is the same with all cards, so lets just see what the results are on Thursday.

I apologise to fs123 if my post seemed accusatory.

Ok, lets not do this.

We all agree that the way these things are tested probably wont be as they are intended to be used and that it is the same with all cards, so lets just see what the results are on Thursday.

I apologise to fs123 if my post seemed accusatory.

To be honest we don't even know if they gonna run benches in open case. They only posted a picture with card in open case. You know todays kids, have no clue how to actually sell the product :D Nano would have looked absolutely stunning in some sexy SFF case, and that picture posted as a teaser. Instead they take a frikkin picture of their work testbench in their basement and call it a teaser :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom