• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 3000 series

OcUK Staff
Are people forgetting RTX 2080 is £700+? That's what a Vega 64 +15% is, and you'd still get the Freesync savings. So you're telling me if you could buy a 2080 for £500 that would be a bad deal?

lol

And remember, the leak isn't even £500, but way lower, if it gets anywhere near that, it would be a god damn steal.

Common sense mate.
Unfortunately many here have none.

Price will never happen.

Caporegime
It really does amaze me that people are taking this info as gospel, it might be right it might be wrong, we won't know until they release but as usual people are acting like its 100% set in stone.

OcUK Staff
Well it will have to be faster than Vega64 +15% then.

Why?

Vega 64 is £399 for our cheapest one, Sapphire is £479 and Asus over £500, they are all flying off the shelf, hence why we have to put prices up to try and secure more to slow the damn things down from selling out. Were still pretty much the cheapest even with higher prices.

If AMD bring a faster product for same money, why does it need to be cheaper? It does not!

If you want cheaper for whatever reasons they have RX590, 580, 570 and 560 all for less which are also very capable performing products.

Also 590 just released, its $250, anyone who thinks AMD is releasing a card with double the performance nearly for same money, must be smoking something really good. :D

Caporegime
Also 590 just released, its $250, anyone who thinks AMD is releasing a card with double the performance nearly for same money, must be smoking something really good. :D

Exactly, the 590, is at a higher price than it was over 2yrs ago, when it was first released, so theres no way they'll do Vega again, and price it cheaper than it was over a year ago :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Then we all woke up.
Bit like the fantasy pricing of 1180/2080 at £400-£500, always same, huge hype, dreamers and then reality kicks in when product lands.....

Gibbo you control the reality tho :)

If the part comes to you at say £300 but demand is through the roof, would you price it at £350 or £850 haha

OcUK Staff
Gibbo you control the reality tho :)

If the part comes to you at say £300 but demand is through the roof, would you price it at £350 or £850 haha

We price based on supply to demand, if we have thousands we will make as little as 5%, if on the other hand there is thousands of buyers for say just 100 cards, we will make more. Unless we had 110% secure allocation on huge volume at a certain date we would do a pre-order price and be very competitive to ensure what we know is coming is pre-sold or gonna sell.

bru

bru

Soldato
All sounds believable aside from pricing

Yup I'd agree with that.
The pricing is so far out of whack it is unreal.
3080 @$249 yeah that is not going to happen probably ever, seeing as coming up to the end of their life the Vega 64 is still only just peeking under £400.

Soldato
$500 is min, it could be $800, if I was taking an educated guess as to a UK price, I would guess at £599 as AMD will pitch it price wise just under what it competes against from green team, so if it can rival 2080 then £599, if it can rival 2070 then £399-£450, but if its 2070 rival then it would be a disaster as Vega 64 is already there so it has to be a 2080 performing product otherwise its a bit pointless unless of course AMD's plan is to simply refresh VEGA with 7nm which will give an 8-12% boost over current parts then simply expect them to be around 10-20% more than current VEGA pricing unless they ditch the HBM2.

Maybe AMD are going after mass volume. Torpedo everything else on the market and sell all they can.

If these prices are true OcUK will sell all it could hold for months.

Soldato
One interesting corollary of this leak is, if it's true then it also gels with what we've been hearing for consoles. Basically we can expect at least V56 level of performance from the next ones. Remember, Navi has been designed almost exclusively with consoles in mind.

This all sounds too good to be true because we've had GPU market stagnation for so long now (price/performance), but eventually it had to come undone. Time for some progress again!

Soldato
yet you'd pay that for a Nvidia card with the same performance.
I doubt anyone would pay that regardless of the brand.

I paid £450 for my Vega 64 back in August 2017, if AMD think they can release a card that performs 15% better for 15% more money two years later they're crazy*.

*Ignoring the obvious fact the leak is fake as AMD aren't crazy.

Soldato
Yup I'd agree with that.
The pricing is so far out of whack it is unreal.
3080 @$249 yeah that is not going to happen probably ever, seeing as coming up to the end of their life the Vega 64 is still only just peeking under £400.

TBH 1080Ti performance should be around £250 now. It only seems cheap because Nvidia prices are beyond crazy.

Soldato
We price based on supply to demand, if we have thousands we will make as little as 5%, if on the other hand there is thousands of buyers for say just 100 cards, we will make more. Unless we had 110% secure allocation on huge volume at a certain date we would do a pre-order price and be very competitive to ensure what we know is coming is pre-sold or gonna sell.

yeah I know :) its all good :) Personally I appreciate its a business and you do look after forum members.

Caporegime
I doubt anyone would pay that regardless of the brand.

I paid £450 for my Vega 64 back in August 2017, if AMD think they can release a card that performs 15% better for 15% more money two years later they're crazy*.

*Ignoring the obvious fact the leak is fake as AMD aren't crazy.

They have been doing that (well actually worst!) for the last 4 years already :p

*cough* 290/390/480/580 *cough*

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Then we all woke up.
Bit like the fantasy pricing of 1180/2080 at £400-£500, always same, huge hype, dreamers and then reality kicks in when product lands.....
+1

Highly unlikely will it be $250. Bare minimum $400 I would say and won’t come with a games bundle either.

I hate my CPU (6850K), so a new Ryzen for me is a possibility.

Gregster with AMD hardware in his PC? Computer says no! Just does not compute... Lol ;)

Kidding Gregster. If zen 2 is as good as we are expecting, that would be a nice upgrade. I know there is a high probability I will be going for one :)

OcUK Staff
Maybe AMD are going after mass volume. Torpedo everything else on the market and sell all they can.

If these prices are true OcUK will sell all it could hold for months.

It won't happen, AMD don't have that kind of money to bleed. VEGA lost them enough, they can't do it again.

I also know the costings on GDDR6 so I know those prices in the video are an absolute PIPE DREAM. Unless AMD plan to sell at huge losses, its totally not reality.

Soldato
If AMD bring a faster product for same money, why does it need to be cheaper? It does not!
There's this thing called "time" Gibbo ;)

If Nvidia brought out a card that performed 15% better than the 8800 Ultra and charged £560 for it people would consider that a rip off too.

Back
Top Bottom