• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 3000 series

Soldato
Ok so if AMD are going to showcase these new Navi based chips at CES, what sort of timeframe do we honestly expect before they actually arrive on the shelves?
Bear in mind Vega showcased last year at CES and didn't arrive till August. Even though I doubt it would take that long this time around.

I suppose a lot would depend on the time frame of the next playstation and Xbox. I remember someone posted that AMD signed a contract for 7nm, GPUs, CPUs and APUs in November 2017.

bru

bru

Soldato
Maybe 7nm yields are fantastic.
Seems AMD might be about to address that. And not a minute too soon.

God I do hope so, even though I do think the prices in that video are farcical, we certainly need AMD to step up to the plate with more realistic pricing than what NVidia have just shown us.

I did notice that in that video Jim said something about consumer 7nm Vega being cancelled. Now I reckon that can only be a good sign that Navi is a bit closer than we think.

Whatever happens CES should be quite exciting for us enthusiasts.

Soldato
what amd should do for any future ranges is stop making 4gb models, now ive finally experienced 4-8gb vram usage for myself i think unless you just need a media system or light gaming then stick to the old range, so long drivers support them then theres no need to cater for those buyers further, mean the 8gb 570 models are about as cheap as a 4gb version, so the 4gb version has basically had a short life.

Soldato

God I do hope so, even though I do think the prices in that video are farcical, we certainly need AMD to step up to the plate with more realistic pricing than what NVidia have just shown us.

I did notice that in that video Jim said something about consumer 7nm Vega being cancelled. Now I reckon that can only be a good sign that Navi is a bit closer than we think.

Whatever happens CES should be quite exciting for us enthusiasts.

If Navi is this good then it would make sense to cancel 7nm Vega. It begs the question what the Vega replacements will be though.

Associate
Lets just say I am experienced in this market and know costings and AMD, they can't and won't release a VEGA 64 performing product for same price as RX 590, certainly not in six months, doubtful even in 12 months, maybe after, but in 12 months a lot can happen, NVIDIA could even do a price drop, miracles have happened. ;)

Any idea on Navi release?

Permabanned
You have the 1080 competitor in your pc.

Historically, AMD had been victorious when it came to the performance per watt and performance per area metrics. They aggressively emphasised these advantages.
GTX 1080 has a small die and low power consumption in order to be given the title "competition for the RX Vega 64".

RX Vega 64 is GTX 1080 Ti competitor but we don't know why it lacks the framerates to be up there.

Permabanned
https://videocardz.com/79253/adoredtv-amd-to-introduce-radeon-rx-3000-series#disqus_thread

15% on top of Vega 64 around the £300 Mark would be an absolute killer of a deal! Thoughts?

To be honest, I’m not even talking about the specs here, what really caught my attention is the claim that AMD would introduce Radeon RX 3000 series, not RX 600. This is kind of unexpected, but it is in AMD’s recently aggressive marketing approach.

With Ryzen CPUs, AMD made an unexpected move to claim chipset names before Intel could. Such example is B350, later changed to B360 by Intel to avoid confusion.

This Radeon RX 3000 series idea would certainly confuse GeForce 3000 series naming. If the information is correct, then we would have GeForce RTX 3080 and Radeon RX 3080 on the market at the same time.

RX 3000 series have no meaning, how will they explain it and wouldn't there be a threat for legal acts from the likes of nvidia or customers?

Permabanned
Why no chance, if was coming in January we would have ordered them now and have them setup in the background, right now no such product or any new product from AMD exist.

Yes, and there would have been at least a single or two leaks from 3D Mark benchmarks..... Just for the sake of it..

Can't see why. AMD have all ready used 1000 to 8000 as a series of graphics cards.

After 5, as far as I know comes 6 or 7 or 8, whatever, not 30.

Back
Top Bottom