AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
With this degree of a delay I'm hoping the week straight after 26th will be an exact same order size, because this is getting bloody ridiculous.
Once something is packaged up and sent it should rarely ever suffer delays in shipping. I hope OCUK had the foresight to order these whilst AMD were sending out CPU shipments.

Otherwise we may be waiting till new year to get our bloody CPU's which are much more vital to rigs than a GPU.

Associate
SgtSmith I agree with you. I'm high on queue list so I hope OcUK will get this 85 cpus this week. All i need is CPU to turn on my pc. Sick of waiting for every single part few weeks, took me almost 3 months to buy everything. But looks like this 2020 is year of queues...

Soldato
SgtSmith I agree with you. I'm high on queue list so I hope OcUK will get this 85 cpus this week. All i need is CPU to turn on my pc. Sick of waiting for every single part few weeks, took me almost 3 months to buy everything. But looks like this 2020 is year of queues...
Just stick a 3000 series in and get on with life, the 5000 isn't THAT different, give it month or two and availability/price will be better.

Associate
Just stick a 3000 series in and get on with life, the 5000 isn't THAT different, give it month or two and availability/price will be better.

Ah yes because everyone has the surplus cash to buy a 2nd worse CPU after they spent on a new CPU and MoBo already.
Not everyone is running a 400+Chipset or even an AM4 socket you know?

Soldato
Ah yes because everyone has the surplus cash to buy a 2nd worse CPU after they spent on a new CPU and MoBo already.
no everyone is running a 400+Chipset or even an AM4 socket you know?
The 3000 series, a £95 3100 or £180 3600 (even cheaper used) is significantly cheaper than the cheapest 5000 series £280. So anyone the market for a 5000 series can afford a 3000 series. Buying a 5000 series, especially the higher SKUs will likely be £20-40 cheaper in February than today, wait 'til March or April and there might even be better value SKUs. Then selling on a used 3100 or 3600 will only lose you around £50 max.

Associate
Where are people seeing about 35 5600X's being delivered? The last thing I saw from Gibbo said there were 25, not 35. It's a shame, cos I'm #29 in the queue :( Ah well, not OC's fault.

Associate
The 3000 series, a £95 3100 or £180 3600 (even cheaper used) is significantly cheaper than the cheapest 5000 series £280. So anyone the market for a 5000 series can afford a 3000 series. Buying a 5000 series, especially the higher SKUs will likely be £20-40 cheaper in February than today, wait 'til March or April and there might even be better value SKUs. Then selling on a used 3100 or 3600 will only lose you around £50 max.

It is but not if you have already bought something else which I think was his point.

Soldato
I think it means store door delivery. Not sure if that means OCUK or Master Distribution store. I wouldn't worry about dates, they keep getting extended anyway.

ETA's are just that, estimates. They almost always overrun in my experience there was a monitor i had my eye on eta was 5/11 its still not in stock and thats pretty normal in my experience. I picked up a 5900X elsewhere paid over the odds for it but I'm not prepared to wait months for one, price wasn't too bad there are some people are aren't aware of the value of these things I paid a bit over the odds the guy before me picked one up for almost RRP. I guess the seller got wise after that (they've got another up now but its a lot, and I do mean a lot, more money now I think I snapped mine up within minutes of it being listed)

Associate

Who could be bothered to do this? I'm water cooling and there's no way I am ripping all that out once I sort it. I don't think I'd even want to swap CPU's if it was much easier. Lot of hassle if the 5000 suddenly materialises.

Associate
In which can cancel the undelivered order, get the cash back.

Personally I am ok to wait but it is frustrating. Especially when everything PC related seems hard to get hold of at the moment. I don't think it helps that every online reviewer under the sun has these things to review when no one can buy them lol. People have more time on their hands at the moment so the wait seems amplified.

Associate
In which can cancel the undelivered order, get the cash back.

Because a 3100 is suboptimal. 3600 is alright but not fit for multi threading jobs. a 3900 would be able to manage the workload but at that point i would need to either buy a new after market cooler on it or install it using the hardline setup I'm planning for the 5900X which means taking it all out in a few months for the 5900X. Its not time efficient to bother getting a cheap CPU in the meantime.
If you purchase all parts of a PC in advance and then the 1 last part you need to get the rig running is being delayed far beyond what OCUK originally said with 0 explanation as to why and no guarantees being put in place it begins to grate.

Customers should not have to compromise because OCUK and their distributor dropped the ball.

Associate
Hi there

Not great news concerning the large official amount of stock, this is a copy and paste of the message the master distributor sent to me:
Heads up Gibbo - AMD delivery dates continue to slip on 5000 series from their latest backorder report- here is latest expected to ship in nov - 300 x 5900x PIB now with sdd date of 24/11, 60 x 5950x pib with SDD date of 20/11 , 108 x 5600x mpk with sdd date of 26/11 . sorry its a mssive pain these keep slipping

As soon as they give me another update I shall let you guys know.

0 explanation

The ideal is certainly to order something and have it the next day.

No doubt a chain of issues along a long supply chain have led to the frustration.

Certainly a single, locked, moderator only thread with all the news in it would be great to have right now.

But there is communication burried in the forum at least.

It's not like you can just pull your order from OCuk and go somewhere else for a fair price to get what you've ordered here. Doesn't seem like a good way to get your point across though, if it's easily rebutted in the eyes of those you're expecting to change.......

Back
Top Bottom