• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Dang it I had my 5800X3D on preorder and just had the email. I was trying to get through to CS to see if it was worth holding on to the preorder incase someone cancels and I can get one or something.... (I know its a long shot...) Might just cancel and source a 5700X3D would get free delivery from where I usually buy my PC hardware...

Dang it I had my 5800X3D on preorder and just had the email. I was trying to get through to CS to see if it was worth holding on to the preorder incase someone cancels and I can get one or something.... (I know its a long shot...) Might just cancel and source a 5700X3D would get free delivery from where I usually buy my PC hardware...
I think you need 100 posts to get free delivery. Just go speakers corner it won’t take long.

I think you need 100 posts to get free delivery. Just go speakers corner it won’t take long.
:D I used to have free delivery with OCuk too but I wonder if with the demise of Hexus they stopped it.

Actually am really disappointed, it probably won't make a night and day difference having a 5700x3D vs 5800x3D. The £200 quid I save would also mean I'll get a 7900XTX at Black Friday vs getting a 7900XT. But I had my heart set on a 5800x3D... My fault for being slack with keeping on top of my upgrades I guess...

Last edited:
:D I used to have free delivery with OCuk too but I wonder if with the demise of Hexus they stopped it.

Actually am really disappointed, it probably won't make a night and day difference having a 5700x3D vs 5800x3D. The £200 quid I save would also mean I'll get a 7900XTX at Black Friday vs getting a 7900XT. But I had my heart set on a 5800x3D... My fault for being slack with keeping on top of my upgrades I guess...
They are very similar in performance. They extra for the 5800x3d is not worth it.

Pretty sure glofo haven't produced an AMD cpu in a while. The I/O maybe, but CPUs have been TSMC for ages. One of the reasons AMD caught up with Intel was the process advantage
i thought they had a very bad contract with them to make AM4 going back to the CPU shortage time... that's why they keeps dropping new CPU's SKU's because if there been made they may as well sell them.

Last edited:

So i was right, thanks for that

and GlobalFoundries's 14 nm process for the I/O die on the server chips and 12 nm for desktop chips.

Screenshot-2024-09-20-210414.png

AMD's contract with GlobalFoundries to purchase silicon wafers is set to end in 2025
AMD previously spun off GlobalFoundries in 2009. AMD used GlobalFoundries for early-generation Ryzen products and I/O dies for current-generation Ryzen and Epyc CPUs. However, AMD effectively shifted away from GlobalFoundries to TSMC when it stopped working on its 7nm process technology.

Last edited:
The stars aligned for me and I found a BNIB 5800X3D for £210 on FB Marketplace just the next town over. Talk about insane timing. I was resigned to settling for the 5700X3D. Snapped their hand off and have just installed it. I did some unscientific before-and-afters in a few games, and there's a pretty healthy jump in 1% and min FPS, and definitely feels smoother. Now to wait and see what Nvidia have with their 5000 series...

Last edited:
The stars aligned for me and I found a BNIB 5800X3D for £210 on FB Marketplace just the next town over. Talk about insane timing. I was resigned to settling for the 5700X3D.

i have both in the house... the extra £40... for like 4 to 15 FPS....

but ever way from the 3700x... its a WOW upgrade

Last edited:
The stars aligned for me and I found a BNIB 5800X3D for £210 on FB Marketplace just the next town over. Talk about insane timing. I was resigned to settling for the 5700X3D. Snapped their hand off and have just installed it. I did some unscientific before-and-afters in a few games, and there's a pretty healthy jump in 1% and min FPS, and definitely feels smoother. Now to wait and see what Nvidia have with their 5000 series...

Not jealous at all... No, not at all....

Sorry, didn't mean to gloat. I just meant keep an eye out on those lesser used marketplaces like forum classifieds or FB. eBay for example looks like they're on the more expensive end, even going above RRP.
Ha I was just joshing. I'm just in the process of installing my new 5700X3D. Tbh I don't think it's going to make a huge difference to me and I'd rather keep the £100 for bumping up the grade of video card. I'll probably see more benefit from that.

Ha I was just joshing. I'm just in the process of installing my new 5700X3D. Tbh I don't think it's going to make a huge difference to me and I'd rather keep the £100 for bumping up the grade of video card. I'll probably see more benefit from that.

there is literally 1 to 4% differance in the 5800x3d and 5700x3d.
spending a penny more than the cost of a 5700x3d is just stupid, you did the right thing to save £100

there is literally 1 to 4% differance in the 5800x3d and 5700x3d.
spending a penny more than the cost of a 5700x3d is just stupid, you did the right thing to save £100
I don't know if its psychosomatic or not but the system feels way more snappy with the 5700X3D compared to the 3700x. I wasn't really expecting there to be a difference just in windows.

Back
Top Bottom