• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
Give him time to recover, his predictions are epic fail:
intel-fanboy.png
intel-fanboy2.png

:cry:

Soldato
OP
Wow, that's damned impressive. I didn't realise the standard 5800X performed so well against the 12700K in that title (although I don't know what RAM that setup is using).

Most likely crippled with JEDEC DDR54 4800Mhz RAM (or DDR4) to make AMD look better, unless it's explicitly specified.

Associate
Performance increase up to 50% especially in minimum, brutal, especially when you consider it is same architecture, this 3d cache will no doubt have good future, can't wait to see improved version of it that will allow OC, Zen 4 will be a beast in gaming, this cache alone makes generation upgrade. Intel is in trouble if they don't create similar solution, cinebench benchmark won't save them if AMD kicks them in gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
Performance increase up to 50% especially in minimum, brutal, especially when you consider it is same architecture, this 3d cache will no doubt have good future, can't wait to see improved version of it that will allow OC, Zen 4 will be a beast in gaming, this cache alone makes generation upgrade. Intel is in trouble if they don't create similar solution, cinebench benchmark won't save them if AMD kicks them in gaming.

Average of 3-15% faster depending on resolution for 30% more cost isn't it?

Am glad substantial cache's are finally being used. Expensive buggers but very fast! :)

Associate
Average of 3-15% faster depending on resolution for 30% more cost isn't it?

Am glad substantial cache's are finally being used. Expensive buggers but very fast! :)
Minimum gains are much more impressive than average, what excites me is that AMD successfuly demonstrated 3dcache technology, and with further refinements it will allow them massive gains combined with architectural changes and IPC increase. Lisa Su said this is the first version of it, single layer, in future there will be more layers.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Ordered but not looking forward to updating my bios!
I updated my Dark Hero a week ago in preperation. I moved from a much older BIOS in the 3201 version all the way up to 6004 version.

No issues to report at all, *but my system was perfectly tuned and stable with no instability under any circumstance.*

Back
Top Bottom