• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
I'm trying to do the same thing, intially I was hoping I'd actually be up by at least £100 but the way things are looking I might be having to pay a minimum of £100 to change. It's still a low cost "upgrade" for me but it's annoying that the prices of existing amd processors is dropping so fast.

The 5950x has had a price drop to £499 on OCUK for example. How much lower will it drop?!

That's because they were overpriced anyway, on one hand, at least compared to their previous offerings.
On the other hand, competition does wonders, AMD would not offer great prices if Intel lags behind.

All in all, good for people with lower budgets as they have access to higher end stuff.

Soldato
Have you noticed the starter of this thread as been utterly silent since the reviews came out showing it as good as or better than his beloved 12900K in games. Gotta lol at that guy. :cry:

Associate
Have you noticed the starter of this thread as been utterly silent since the reviews came out showing it as good as or better than his beloved 12900K in games. Gotta lol at that guy. :cry:

Isn't that nearly always the case in every thread that opens to bash what the OP doesn't have? :p

Soldato
Half the power draw and cost, too. :)

I almost feel bad for them, they harped on about Rocket Lake, and bought into the 11900K which was going to be waaaaay faster than 10th Gen in games or why would Intel release it at all, then bought into the Alder Lake platform (which is actually good) all the while prior to that sitting on a 6700K and claiming to be some sort of technology enthusiast, as soon as any negative news come about (AMD related) low and behold a new thread pops up. I mean I get it some people are brand loyal, but heck the delusions that some people convince themselves of is unreal.

Soldato

Just blind loyalty from what I can gather that bought rocket lake which no one should have bought :confused:

Must have been kick in the balls to see how 5800x3d performs in games

Last edited:
Associate
Give him time to recover, his predictions are epic fail:
intel-fanboy.png
intel-fanboy2.png

Back
Top Bottom