• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Associate
Would you be able to check what voltages are reported if you set soc and vddio to auto and Expo Enabled on this bios?
Would be interested to see what thresholds have been set...
Sorry, I forgot Arsenal were playing last night so I didn't get in till late, I'll do it this evening.

Can you take the CPU out and check the underside for discolouration or lumps?

As mentioned, I'm loath to do it but I will do it this weekend, just to be sure.

Associate
Been running Expo (Corsair Vengeance RGB 6000 CAS36) on my 7900X in Asus Hero since day one (October) so little concerned over the reports. I've updated the bios to 1202 and manually set the SoC voltage to 1.2 based on recommendations, left Expo on for now.....
It's worth noting I have to back the memory clock to 5800 otherwise the system isn't stable, not sure whether its the mobo or ram to blame there.

To put my mind at rest I would like to take the CPU out to check it but I'm running hardline water cooling so really don't want to drain the loop to get it out. :( (I have not been overlocking other than Expo, but was originally the plan as and when it's needed)

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Athlon XP vs Pentium 4 heat sink removal test.

Needs more teabag.

The Tom's hardware video of 20+ years ago was interesting...that is until it was later revealed that they purposely used older amd motherboards without thermal protection, all for the sake of a video.

Soldato
Because a third party vendor incorrectly filled some vapour chambers that's an amd issue? Hardly a reputation.
Still got AMD logo on it. Do you think consumer would associate that with an unknown VC manufacture or AMD branding.

Lol, AMD slaps their logo on products they take ownership of everything wrong with that product. Doesn’t matter if the capacitor is made by Mr Yamato and the logic gate is made by Mr Jensen and the plastic shroud is made by Ms Su and the gold that goes into the PCB printer is dug out by Mr Rothschild.

You don’t RMA a broken fan on a AMD GPU to SanYan you send it to the AIB or AMD…

Caporegime
Still got AMD logo on it. Do you think consumer would associate that with an unknown VC manufacture or AMD branding.

Lol, AMD slaps their logo on products they take ownership of everything wrong with that product. Doesn’t matter if the capacitor is made by Mr Yamato and the logic gate is made by Mr Jensen and the plastic shroud is made by Ms Su and the gold that goes into the PCB printer is dug out by Mr Rothschild.

You don’t RMA a broken fan on a AMD GPU to SanYan you send it to the AIB or AMD…

Think you've had enough sugar for the day.

Soldato
OP
f6b
8.84 MB
2023/04/26
  1. Checksum : B2CC
  2. Optimized for Ryzen 7000 X3D series CPU
Lol gb added it back on again.
The trouble with these bios fixes is they are all of the 3D cache chips, what about the X and non X chips, where's the fixes for those ? Because it's not just the 3D chips having the issues, it's the whole lineup.

I find it quite funny too how AMD are now saying max safe soc voltage was 1.4v, but now they've dropped it to 1.3v, well thanks AMD, but it's a bit late to tell the ones with dead chips that now then deny them a warranty replacement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom