• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Soldato
Speaking of ASUS, Gamers Nexus have done another follow up lol.

The funniest part was where the lawyer pointed out that if you take Asus's terms and conditions and warranty terms at face value then a user is not allowed to do a bios update on their motherboard and doing so instantly voids the warranty

But Asus changes it's own rules as it pleases, for example by releasing a bios and asking a user to install it, even though this is technically voiding the warranty, in order to cut cost in future rma's. I wonder if these terms are just old pulled from back in the 90s or 2000s - was there ever a time where users had to send their boards back to the manufacturer for a bios update?

Last edited:
Soldato
If for some reason memory was causing copies of windows to catch fire and negatively effect the Microsoft brand then sure I guess, but seeing as both are software it's a bit of a leap.

I don't get what's too hard to grasp that the problem is/was as with the AM5 platform and no matter how many other companies are involved, AMD sit at the top of the tree in control. It doesn't absolve anyone else from being rubbish too.

It was a windows machine that failed and software running on AMI chip that killed the system. You don’t get any of this kind of nonsense with Apple.

Associate
mjtkmIH
I have a 7800X3D on an Asus x670e Gaming wifi.
I've been playing around with the bios and I have have pbo, expo 2 and asus OC profile enabled, on bios 1416.
I've not had any crashes or issues but I would like to know if therte is anything I should be concerned about.
This screen is after a good 10 hrs of gaming on various games.

Is anything I should be concerned about?

52917974546_8a291dc3fa_o.png

Last edited:
Associate
No, you're trying to dig yourself out of decided it wasn't an AMD platform problem when it obviously is.

If a contributing factor was a piece of Microsoft software or a bios chip was faulty, you might have a point, and they can share some blame too again that doesn't absolve AMD, but you don't seem to get that.

Caporegime
No, you're trying to dig yourself out of decided it wasn't an AMD platform problem when it obviously is.

If a contributing factor was a piece of Microsoft software or a bios chip was faulty, you might have a point, and they can share some blame too again that doesn't absolve AMD, but you don't seem to get that.

You're conflating third party software with first party platform.

You don't complain to Microsoft that your RAM doesn't work, why is that?

Last edited:
Associate
You're conflating third party software with first party platform.

You don't complain to Microsoft that your RAM doesn't work, why is that?
No, I'm not, it's you and jigger making some convoluted comparison to software that has nothing to do with what the problem is.

No, generally I don't complain to Microsoft about RAM unless Microsoft are found to actually have some problem that effects RAM.

I do complain that AMD should police their platform better you know maybe test their partners' hardware better, keep up to date with their partners Bios updates, then maybe they would get out ahead of problems and save everyone including themselves a headache.

Soldato

You said AMD should validate memory on behalf of it’s partners. I said that’s not how business works. You then started talking about brands protecting themselves. AMD shouldn’t be testing memory for Asus, as that’s a large part of what Asus gets paid for. Just as Microsoft and American Megatrends shouldn’t test memory for Asus.

Should AMD take a more of an Apple or Nvidia style approach with its partners? Maybe but this, kills innovation and competition. Should AMD also take a stance on Nvidia graphics cards melting connectors? Maybe hard code a PCIE bandwidth limit to keep the GPU from pulling too much power?

Caporegime
No, I'm not, it's you and jigger making some convoluted comparison to software that has nothing to do with what the problem is.

No, generally I don't complain to Microsoft about RAM unless Microsoft are found to actually have some problem that effects RAM.

I do complain that AMD should police their platform better you know maybe test their partners' hardware better, keep up to date with their partners Bios updates, then maybe they would get out ahead of problems and save everyone including themselves a headache.

There is an implicit assumption that after providing all the necessary data to your partner they are competent enough to read when they chose to implement their own platform software instead of just using the one you provide.
Or else why are Asus even in business?

AMD cannot, even if they wanted to say to every parter "Before you do anything i want to check your work, X company i have no legal right to make any demands of. i will QA all your work and pay for it, because in my mind that's how this works, its why i'm a $170,000,000,000 company and @Sythe79 isn't"

Last edited:
Associate
You said AMD should validate memory on behalf of it’s partners. I said that’s not how business works. You then started talking about brands protecting themselves. AMD shouldn’t be testing memory for Asus, as that’s a large part of what Asus gets paid for. Just as Microsoft and American Megatrends shouldn’t test memory for Asus.

Should AMD take a more of an Apple or Nvidia style approach with its partners? Maybe but this, kills innovation and competition. Should AMD also take a stance on Nvidia graphics cards melting connectors? Maybe hard code a PCIE bandwidth limit to keep the GPU from pulling too much power?
AND again you might have a point, IF the point of failure was only ASUS, except it wasn't, and they were all at it.

Again, it's not about do anything for anyone else, it's about doing the right thing for yourselves and your customers. you out source AND get lazy with QA, you have to take part of the blame.

Caporegime
AND again you might have a point, IF the point of failure was only ASUS, except it wasn't, and they were all at it.

Again, it's not about do anything for anyone else, it's about doing the right thing for yourselves and your customers. you out source AND get lazy with QA, you have to take part of the blame.

The point of failure IS ASUS.

Associate
There is an implicit assumption that after providing all the necessary data to your partner they are competent enough to read when they chose to implement their own platform software instead of just using the one you provide.
Or else why are Asus even in business?

AMD cannot, even if they wanted to say to every parter "Before you do anything i want to check your work, X company i have no legal right to make any demands of. i will QA all your work and pay for it, because in my mind that's how this works, its why i'm a $170,000,000,000 company and @Sythe79 isn't"
Yes they can, despite you not believing they make platforms, AM5 is AMD's, and they could run it test it and dictate to board partners however they see fit, they choose not to.

Associate
Still not AMD's software.
Still, AMD's platform still partly their responsibility to ensure their partners run things correctly if they choose not to run these things in house. like you say they are only a poor $170,0000,000,000 company they couldn't possibly be able to afford a testing lab

Caporegime
Still, AMD's platform still partly their responsibility to ensure their partners run things correctly if they choose not to run these things in house. like you say they are only a poor $170,0000,000,000 company they couldn't possibly be able to afford a testing lab
You're going round and round in circles that either AMD made the software or if they didn't they are still responsible for it, as if Nvidia are responsible for whatever third party GPU overclocking tool you use, can you tell me whose actually responsible for that? serious question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom