• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Soldato
OP
I cant say i am expereince quick boot times with my board, i was under the impression memory context restore has to be enabled to give boot times a swift change on am5. But this can cause instabilty. Maybe its time to enable this again for myself to imrprove things
MCR just speeds up the post time, stops it getting stuck on 15 code for 20 or 30 seconds, you have to enable power down enabled too, it should auto enable when you enable MCR, if not, just do it manually, otherwise I too get BSOD's, crashes and errors.

Boot racer will tell you what your boot times are, it starts counting after the bios hands over to windows, so doesnt include post time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
For all those ASUS haters, the others are starting to come to light now:

Soldato
OP
That is nothing new it was known failures were also seen in Gigabyte and some others a month ago and that their BIOS update wasn't limiting below 1.3v. It was the way Asus was handling it as much as anything which was causing drama.
Yeah, Asus have actually reversed everything they said about beta bioses voiding warranties etc
My previous post was based on people stating it's only Asus boards killing chips, the only one I've not heard of killing chips is MSI so far

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pre-flashed my Asus X670E-A before fitting a 7800X3D. It actually booted first time and didn't explode or catch fire or anything! :cry:

With memory at 6000 c30, it autos the vsoc to 1.25v (1.27 displayed) and the vddio to 1.4v (1.43 displayed).

For now while I install Windows, I've tweaked them to be 1.25 and 1.3 displayed, but idk if I need to worry about the vddio? 1.43 seemed like a big number after the past few weeks.
I have SOC manually set to 1.20v and VDDIO manually set to 1.25v, no issues, dont forget to set SOC voltage manually in the AMD overclock menu too just to be sure, so if you have it set to 1.25v in your tweaker menu, set it to 1250mv in the AMD overclock menu too, this pretty much assures it wont go over what you've set.

Soldato
OP
Oof, well I was doing ok at 1.25 and 1.3, but I tried lowering them, bluescreened out of Linpack, then got stuck having a hard time even getting to bios - and if it tried to get to Windows it would complain about corrupted files.

Reset cmos, boots fine on defaults. I guess I will put the previous voltages back and be happy :cry: As far as I know, nothing has said that VDDIO being over 1.3 is dangerous, it's all been focused on the SoC, it just felt like the auto 1.43 was "very high" - but it is driving 2x32gb 6000 c30, which might need a bit more oomph.
Ahh yes you will probably need more running 64gb, im running 32gb (2 x 16gb), mine are single sided whereas yours will be double sided, pretty much the same as running 4 x 16gb sticks.

Soldato
OP
VDDIO and SOC synced at 1.25 ( in BIOS )

7lzimBe.png

TRFC can be lowered slightly, but seeing no gains - Same witjh increasing tREFI to 65535 ( max )

TRAS @48 ( so it follows the formula ) makes no difference.

Tcl @ 28 or tcl 32/6200 all come out around the same for me.

I keep seeing Reads in the 90s and Copy in the 80s, but i cant budge past 63.8 on both. ( Though the higher values were with a 7950X )

Do these look about right to you ?

DDR5 is new to me :D

EDIT : its Hynix M die

Take a look at this, this is what im using, he states this is very lose timings for Hynix

EDIT~: Ahh sorry had a closer look at your timings, looks like you're already using them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom