• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Soldato
Bios 1303 is out for the x670e Hero. It looks like the last one but it isn’t beta so won’t effect warranty.

Odd that there’s a later BIOS revision that’s a BETA that came out today. The notes aren’t helpful in deciphering the difference. Will stick with 1303.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Caporegime
Here come the clowns....

The 78003D draws less power than its none X3D equivalents and they are "burning up" because of power, (with references to the 4090 to make sure you know exactly what they are talking about) says Der8auer, yes its him again, the pretend electrical engineering genius that keep's making the most obvious laymen mistakes in his analysis.

Last edited:
Soldato
They just limited vsoc voltage which by the sounds of it. Is far from the only issue at play. :(

I disagree with your source that told you all they did was limit voltage.

Caporegime
Why is this only happening on Asus motherboards?

And not for the first time, Asus had issues with pushing too many volts in to Intel Coffeelake, Ryzen 3000 series, Ryzen 5000 series and now the 7000 X3D Chips, Why. Is. It. Always. Asus? The last one i remember was Asus forcing over 1.6v in to Ryzen 5000 under heavy multicore load, about 300mv higher than was safe.

The other thing is, given the known history of Asus with this, why is that suddenly forgotten and pushed as a fault with the CPU? The motherboard regulates the voltage, its because Asus, similar to their MCE thing think that slamming massive volts in to the CPU makes them faster and with that faster looking motherboard's than their competitors.

I get that AMD don't want to lay the blame on one of their most important partners, Asus and AMD have been doing quite a lot together lately, AMD will take it on the chin. But these so called tech journalists should know better.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also, Asus motherboards are much more popular among Intel users than they are with AMD users, there are a lot of Asus AMD users, but more Gigabyte / MSI users, AMD users tend to think Asus are over priced and reckless.

Last edited:
Caporegime
der8auer has a video about a 7900X unsoldering itself on an aorus master board, also another example with ASRock: https://imgur.com/a/1oNS9DC

This is the same guy who insisted the few cracked die RX 6000 GPU's that one repair guy had was due to "voltage and AMD drivers" that he had "proved it in his labs" and that "AMD should act right now to stop peoples GPU's from exploding"

The first thing i said on learning of this was "these are ex-mining cards that have been pressure washed, moisture had gotten under the die" which it turns out was exactly right. Did der8auer ever apologies for his click bait hyperbole lies? no did he nelly..... he just pretended the whole thing never existed.

So i want to know what he did...

Last edited:
Associate
Have an 7850x3D with MSI MPG Edge WiFi using the latest bios which was put out on 14th of April

It appears my SOC is 1.35v I am aware based on the pasted Gamers Nexus I go that it's not the only cause, but should I change anything and how do I do so.

Back
Top Bottom