• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Are AMD out of order if they are found to be blocking DLSS on Starfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
On console I believe. Thought it was uncapped on PC
If they still link framerates and physics like in Fallout 4 then you are in for a treat!

But it's telling most of the outraged people seem to have no clue on how CPU limited Fallout 4 is:

I extended the AT Fallout 4 thread to be the most up to date one in the world collaboration in with @KompuKare.

The game is so CPU limited, I can limit my card to 50% power and the framerates are the same.

They seem more worried about graphics in a Bethesda Games Studio game when we all know it will be janky.

I am more concerned if the game needs a mega CPU, especially with the settlement building mechanic.

It’s not like Nvidia is some holy company and have never done anything wrong. Fanboyism is just embarrassing…even more so when they profit off said fanboys.

Last edited:
The guy is one big giant baby. Why waste your time?

Far more than just him who fall under that umbrella in this section.

The worst are the group of passive-aggressive members who instantly like a post from someone they agree with, or instantly laugh at a post from someone they disagree with. I'm convinced some do it without even reading the post. Furthermore, it's paradoxical when certain contributors label others as ideologues, especially when their own posting history evidently defines them as such.

This section is about the worst it's ever been, although people are now more careful with the big yellow warning at the top. Multiple threads discussing the same issues, with page long arguments from the same users copying and pasting everything they can find on the internet, going off on crazy tangents etc.

Last edited:
If you have a 4090, why do you care about upscale?

Doesn't sound like you care about consumers when you take a single sided approach.
Single sided where?

Also i care because DLSS3 FG is great in the games i’ve used it in ( d4, cp2077 ) — Don’t care that much about the upscaling itself, but no DLSS means no frame gen either — Especially if you also get heavy RT on top of it ( like in cp and possibly d4 future update ; they said they will be implementing RT after launch )

With FG in cp2077 im at 120+ fps in 3440x1440 with pathtracing on. Without it it doesnt feel smooth at all.

And am i AMD or Nvidia to be ‘anticonsumer’?

Ps: starfield being a bethesda game will definitely have a lot to gain from FG, considering the issues will be cpu limitations, which FG doesnt care about.
AMD supports MORE gamers with Nvidia cards than NV does.
Nvidia isnt blocking FSR features being implemented in NV sponsored/partenered games. Small difference? At this point its pretty clear AMD is doing that specifically since they’re so reluctant on avoiding a clear answer, unlike nvidias simple ‘we’re not blocking anything’.

DLSS is better than FSR. Idc about FSR and anyone with 2xxx and up series doesnt either, cause we got a better option, as long as AMD doesnt interfere.

FSR only helps nvidia users with sub 2xxx series because it doesnt need any specific hardware to run, which DLSS could also do, but then it would look just as bad as FSR does.

Last edited:
I am more concerned if the game needs a mega CPU, especially with the settlement building mechanic.
If by "mega" you mean very wide, that wouldn't actually be that bad. The run 1-3 threads like crazy and leave the other cores unused is the worst thing. Those users who used to run Intel HEDT because the extra RAM bandwidth and extra cores mostly had a good experience. FO4 / Skyrim on the other hand really want one or two cores which boost like crazy while the rest sit idle.

Despite all the furor about graphics, if game sponsorship still means helping the developers with engineers I would rather AMD sent some CPU software engineers rather than GPU software engineers as I suspect that good CPU scaling will far more important here. And long-term too, as all those fancy mods for FO4 and Skyrim and there is little modders can do about threading (although it was modders who embarrassed Bethesda go from x87 to SSE in Skyrim way back when).
It’s not like Nvidia is some holy company and have never done anything wrong. Fanboyism is just embarrassing…even more so when they profit off said fanboys.
If AMD are doing this kind of thing then such behaviour is ultimately bad for all consumers.

However if it comes to attributing blame, Nvidia almost have the full text-book of bad things like this. And their bad reputation is something Nvidia have built up over decades. It is even possible that some of the marketing people involved on the AMD side might almost be the same one as they move between companies.

Why do you have to argue? Instead, wouldn't you like to counter the points put out by Cat? Since you are pro consumer, I thought you might also be equally outraged by Nvidia sponsored games and the lack of FSR integration or very slow integration, coming a long time after modders added it.

What about those AMD consumers? You should spare a thought for them too Chris whilst you sound the alarm for Nvidia consumers. Speaking of Nvidia users, what about all those Nvidia users that don't have access to DLSS? This must garner the most outrage from you I'd imagine as Nvidia consumers.

Please enlighten us with your valued thoughts on these subjects. :)

Companies doing software development, which is what gaming is, have release schedules, internal review and test processes that "modders" aren't subject to.

It's no different than using the DLSS swapper vs having the developer update their game officially with a newer version. Are nvidia holding back companies from updating their game with a new version of DLSS? More reasonable, games with active development cycles will go through a change request and it'll get allotted to a future release schedule.

This modder vs corporate release schedule is a weird hill to die on but have at it.

Companies doing software development, which is what gaming is, have release schedules, internal review and test processes that "modders" aren't subject to.

It's no different than using the DLSS swapper vs having the developer update their game officially with a newer version. Are nvidia holding back companies from updating their game with a new version of DLSS? More reasonable, games with active development cycles will go through a change request and it'll get allotted to a future release schedule.

This modder vs corporate release schedule is a weird hill to die on but have at it.
I believe the Nvidia license agreement allows Nvidia to remotely update and or disable Dlss in games

I'm not dying on any hill as it wasn't my point, but the fact is there are plenty of sponsored games out there with no FSR.
Stop stoking the fire, these little clicks are getting tiresome.
I'm not stoking anything, but you can't pretend to worry about the consumer for one company and not another was my point.
I believe the Nvidia license agreement allows Nvidia to remotely update and or disable Dlss in games
The licence agreement for DLSS allows a whole lot more than that, here's a little teaser:
zmTXejN.png
I'd recommend reviewing it in full. https://developer.download.nvidia.c...sc2QiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY28udWsvIn0=

For comparison, here is the licence agreement in full for FSR.
FrudQCw.png

I'm not dying on any hill as it wasn't my point, but the fact is there are plenty of sponsored games out there with no FSR.

I'm not stoking anything, but you can't pretend to worry about the consumer for one company and not another was my point.

The licence agreement for DLSS allows a whole lot more than that, here's a little teaser:
zmTXejN.png
I'd recommend reviewing it in full. https://developer.download.nvidia.c...sc2QiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY28udWsvIn0=

For comparison, here is the licence agreement in full for FSR.
FrudQCw.png

Nice misdirection attempt. My comparison was to distinguish between a modder and a corporate development cycle.

Are you not able to understand the difference?

Last edited:
Nice misdirection attempt. My comparison was to distinguish the different between a modder and a corporate development cycle.

Are you not able to understand the difference?
Yes, but you are doing the same thing to my post since I was not focusing on development cycles of games and release schedules for updates. I'm aware that happens, if that's what you want me to say.

To counter your misdirection attempt, we'll put Cyberpunk to one side since that was released in Dec 2020 and FSR 1.0 was added in February 2022 (can't find the exact date but around this time as TPU did a comparison). So we'll say over a year of full game development and cycles from the developer to be able to find time to add FSR 1.0 into Cyberpunk 2077.

What about Metro LL, Plague Tale Requiem, Control? All Nvidia sponsored titles, but no FSR (not even 1.0) in any of them.

EDIT - Corrected error on dates.

Last edited:
Single sided where?

Also i care because DLSS3 FG is great in the games i’ve used it in ( d4, cp2077 ) — Don’t care that much about the upscaling itself, but no DLSS means no frame gen either — Especially if you also get heavy RT on top of it ( like in cp and possibly d4 future update ; they said they will be implementing RT after launch )

With FG in cp2077 im at 120+ fps in 3440x1440 with pathtracing on. Without it it doesnt feel smooth at all.

Ps: starfield being a bethesda game will definitely have a lot to gain from FG, considering the issues will be cpu limitations, which FG doesnt care about.

Nvidia isnt blocking FSR features being implemented in NV sponsored/partenered games. Small difference? At this point its pretty clear AMD is doing that specifically since they’re so reluctant on avoiding a clear answer, unlike nvidias simple ‘we’re not blocking anything’.

DLSS is better than FSR. Idc about FSR and anyone with 2xxx and up series doesnt either, cause we got a better option, as long as AMD doesnt interfere.

FSR only helps nvidia users with sub 2xxx series because it doesnt need any specific hardware to run, which DLSS could also do, but then it would look just as bad as FSR does.
Ok, so you don't care about consumers, tell me which GPU line only supports frame gen, I own a 3070ti and isn't supported, should I complain that Nvidia is anti consumer even to it's own customers

Yes, but you are doing the same thing to my post since I was not focusing on development cycles of games and release schedules for updates. I'm aware that happens, if that's what you want me to say.

To counter your misdirection attempt, we'll put Cyberpunk to one side since that was released in Dec 2020 and FSR 1.0 was added in February 2022 (can't find the exact date but around this time as TPU did a comparison). So we'll say over a year of full game development and cycles from the developer to be able to find time to add FSR 1.0 into Cyberpunk 2077.

What about Metro LL, Plague Tale Requiem, Control? All Nvidia sponsored titles, but no FSR (not even 1.0) in any of them.

EDIT - Corrected error on dates.

Do you think AMD are out of order if they are blocking DLSS on starfield ?

Single sided where?

Yeah frame gen would be awesome....can just imagine how all the cups, pans, laser rifles, emp grenades etc will be bouncing off the wall everytime you enter a building, shop or bar etc :cry:

Back
Top Bottom