• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yeah, retail on both is 25th Nov, and reviews for the 3950 is out, so you'd think 3960 reviews would be about now too....

AMD probably gave the reviewers different embargo dates to when the 3950x and 3960x reviews can go up.

Actually pretty smart to have them separated out so each can get looked at in detail instead of just getting lost between each other

Permabanned

Yup, for $3000 or more..

Prices.png

Man of Honour
Yeah I've seen that link and found some Corsair 128 GB Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 128GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Quad Channel Memory Kit) but I think I need faster RAM. But no prices for the board or availability. :( I will try and order the CPU later regardless.

Man of Honour
Cheers. It's frustrating that all the new TR boards don't have 10 Gbit, dropping £2k+ onto a platform I would expect it. I can sell my current servers and RAM for circa £2.5k-£3k plus whatever my current intel rig is worth so I have budget for the right board etc.

Soldato
Cheers. It's frustrating that all the new TR boards don't have 10 Gbit, dropping £2k+ onto a platform I would expect it. I can sell my current servers and RAM for circa £2.5k-£3k plus whatever my current intel rig is worth so I have budget for the right board etc.

10Gb is still quite niche, even for this platform. It also adds a lot to the price of the board and with the heap of PCIe lanes, it's a good option to leave it to the consumer to add-in if needed and leave the onboard solution to the top tier boards.

Soldato

Trying to find out about the RAM that is currently in the Taichi but that is only a sample set. I have used the https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/dram/module/M391A4G43MB1-CTD/ which is the 2666MHz version, but the current parts we have in it are M391A4G43AB1-CVF which is the 2933MHz version, I should imagine you can get this pretty soon.

Do you 100% want ECC UDIMM's?

I've only populated it with 128GB, but it is with 4x 32GB modules and I've had them running at 3200MHz not 100% stable but I could probably do with bumping the voltage, however that wasn't part of the test I was carrying out just wanted to try it :p

Man of Honour
No, I don't need ECC. I currently have 192 GB of it (pretty sure it's Samsung) but I don't know the speed. But as I mentioned in another post they don't have heat spreaders on so I'd imagine they'd be terrible for gaming. Edit, looks like 2133 Mhz.

Soldato
No, I don't need ECC. I currently have 192 GB of it (pretty sure it's Samsung) but I don't know the speed. But as I mentioned in another post they don't have heat spreaders on so I'd imagine they'd be terrible for gaming.

Stacks of choice if you don't want ECC UDIMM's then, but don't let the heat spreaders fool you with regards to suitability for gaming. Som of the best DDR4 RAM I had earlier this year was unbranded green Samsung modules, no heat spreaders.

Corsair do the CMK256GX4M8E3200C16 which is a 256GB kit, 3200MHz C16, but you are looking at £1k+ :)

Back
Top Bottom