• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD To Launch RV770 On June 18th

well 4870 is 24 cm 8800gts g92 is 23 cm so its only that much bigger

Plant%20size%20small.jpg

:D

sorry if it was posted : Radeon 4800 and 3800 cards won't Crossfire

ATI official

Despite previous reports on the internet that old Radeon 38x0 and new Radeon 48x0 cards will work in Crossfire together, unfortunately this won't happen.

Two senior software guys at ATI has just confirmed that 3800 series in Crossfire with 4800 won't work and that such a configuration is not supported.

You won't be able to match the generations and we are investigating if you will be able to mix cards from 48x0 series. We believe you should, but we won’t jump the gun with this announcement.

Sorry for destroying one cool dream, but you will have to forget about your 38x0 card and swap it for a much faster 48x0 generation.

At the same time, our friend W1zzard from tech power up has confirmed that he couldn't make 3800 and 4800 generation cards work together in XP, but now we know the answer why. It won't work on XP or Vista, simply as it's not supported.

source: http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8075&Itemid=65

bah compares favorably to the GTX260, but I was hoping for closer too GTX280. It doessn't appear, from that review at least, to be much faster than the 4850.

You got a WB for that Azza or just better air ?

also whats the bets way to put the paste on? just a small pea?

Clean well, apply about 2 grains of rice size to core
Clean cooler apply very small amount and spread with cutdown credit card, then wipe it off gently opposite angle to machine marks (obviously just approx die contact area)

If You always keep in mind the thermal past is just there to fill imperfections between contact, You will have the right mindset ;)

Still a tad toasty .. that AS5 with stock cooler ?

Just re-read the review a bit more thorougly 4870 is around 20-30% faster than the 4850 with aa, and around 10-20 (mostly) slower than the GTX280 ..... could be a nice buy if the price is sensible :)
With a bit of (admitedly dodgy) mental working out, a 4870 should be around 20-25% faster than my Ultra ... not sure its worth changing now ....

Last edited:
bah compares favorably to the GTX260, but I was hoping for closer too GTX280. It doessn't appear, from that review at least, to be much faster than the 4850.

You got a WB for that Azza or just better air ?

Heh not sure how you can be disappointed by a card that is 20-30% faster than the 4850's and equals/beats a Nvidia card that is a fair bit more expensive.

Still a tad toasty .. that AS5 with stock cooler ?

Just re-read the review a bit more thorougly 4870 is around 20-30% faster than the 4850 with aa, and around 10-20 (mostly) slower than the GTX280 ..... could be a nice buy if the price is sensible :)
With a bit of (admitedly dodgy) mental working out, a 4870 should be around 20-25% faster than my Ultra ... not sure its worth changing now ....

Depends. If you get £225 for your Ultra quick and get a 4870 for £200 it leaves you £25 for an aftermarket cooler, overclock it, 35-40% quicker, job sorted at no cost.

Not quite ;) .. firstly I wouldnt get that for the Ultra, secondly whatever I buy needs a water block .....

@ broken hope ... note post a few down after I looked a bit more thorougly ;)

Back
Top Bottom