• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD to unveil Zen 4 CPUs at CES 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Pretty much

Leaked price of 7950x is $799

Crosshair board probably be around $400-450

And then $300-400 for good DDR5 32gb

Soldato
That assumes they will be faster. Or are you talking about stock performance?

Considering Zen4 launches 10? months later than 12th gen - I'd hope it's faster in ST both at stock and overclocked (ignoring LN2 here). It really should be IMO, or will be very disappointing, especially considering it's not wasting silicon space on a DDR4 controller.

Soldato
Considering Zen4 launches 10? months later than 12th gen - I'd hope it's faster in ST both at stock and overclocked (ignoring LN2 here). It really should be IMO, or will be very disappointing, especially considering it's not wasting silicon space on a DDR4 controller.
I dont know man, OCed it's pretty trivial to get the 12900k at 5.7-5.8ghz on 3 core workloads, so yeah - i dont expect the zen 4 to match the ST performance oc vs oc. But stock yeah, it probably will get up there according to the leaked boost clockspeeds

Soldato
Reviewers already receiving x670e motherboards to review

Soldato
AMD look to be changing the boxes for the new chips, (me like XD)

Caporegime

That is some really nice modern box art.

Soldato

Meanwhile in the blue camp........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom