• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sorry if my pointing out your hypocrisy also highlights your lack of short term memory, you literality posted it yesterday and so it was fresh in my mind from catching up on the thread.
And sorry for thinking that your original post was all about wasting people's time and wanting to join in with that.
But good to see you've let it go and moved on.
Well forgive me for assuming you was not a avid reader of this thread, I would have thought as someone who follows the thread it would not take 12000+ posts to realise that many of the posts here are light hearted banter and jokes between people who are interested in Vega.

As a few people have already mentioned, if this was just information about Vega, there would probably be a handful of pages here, not 600+ at this point. You just need to lighten up. If you do not like my posts, feel free to block me.

Also this:

This thread would be pretty boring if no one made any jokes and had little digs at each other. i think i would loes interest very quickly so please keep it up life doesn't have to be so serious all the time

Soldato
Crazy innit! Genuinely shocked that so many grown men get so wrapped up about a GPU and anything tongue in cheek is reported or ripped to pieces. Enthusiasts are a fickle bunch I guess.
wait to vega actually gets released, then it will really kick off, i would be embarrassed to show my mrs some of the graphic card threads and when i tell her these are grown men getting there nickers in a twist she would either laugh loudly or slap me around the back of the head for talking such nonsense

Soldato
Bloody hell lighten up guys, no need to cry over a simple joke, is life really that boring and serious for you. Carry on TNA this thread needs some humour, Vega won't be a big enough joke ;)

Regarding computex, what ya reckon "join us at E3 where we show our RX Vega gaming card, launching in Q3 2017"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Bloody hell lighten up guys, no need to cry over a simple joke, is life really that boring and serious for you. Carry on TNA this thread needs some humour, Vega won't be a big enough joke ;)

Thanks Tony :D

48 hour forum ban for TNA is in order, starting from 3am tomorrow morning ;)

How dare you. I hate you! You are **** and a ****!!!

Let me leave this here just in case someone does not get it. :p;)

/sarcasm

It seem spoffle is more annoyed about my poor grasp of English then anything else :p

Associate
"join us at E3 where we show our RX Vega gaming card, launching in Q3 2017"
E3 is June 13th, and I already accepted that RX Vega is delayed at least into July.
But there must be some new info about it on Computex, else riots may happen.
They must throw some bone to waiting gamers. Show something. Prices, performance slides (with outrageous gains over Nvidia at same price point).

Caporegime
Yup I have a feeling lots of people will be disappointed come tomorrow due to little info released.

Either way, it is pointless whatever is revealed tomorrow as it will all just be the usual PR/marketing guff with lots of "*" and small print at the bottom of fancy power point slides....

Soldato
The only logical followup to previous T shirt news is a Vega baseball hat imo
Volta that has 5,120 cores also is 815mm so I can't ever see that hitting the desktop. It actually looks to me like unless Volta hits significantly higher clocks it won't be that large a jump over Pascal.

My impression of the presentation was that chip is their Manhattan Project. $3bn to advance in a direction they find essential and achieve a technology usable by some parts of industry with exponential and unique growth
120 Teraflops I think he said for the chip and 480 is 5.8 ? Thats amazing but I'd guess the price point is like a years wages to buy it, unfeasible for consumers. Its a year away, their laptop talk is more competitive to what AMD will do soon with APU

I'd imagine it's more likely that RX Vega will be in the £400-500 bracket.
I've not listened fully yet but a trader says Sterling is not yet reflecting election doubts and they find a parallel to the referendum of last year. In that both outcomes post 9th June is a negative breakdown for sterling possibly with a drop of 7% value from here.
Similar was said last year (in a minority), sterling peaked before and regardless of outcome the correct stance was negative. Maybe they are right to be apprehensive, I'm not sure. Previously we broke minor downtrend on sterling with a possible 1.32 target which we are closer to but not as close as we could be due to a closer election then expected, this trader is saying this pullback is too slight.
Nothing to do with their opinion but I have 1.17 possible (from 1.287 now), this would match previous lows so basically its not ridiculous but is unexpected
So that'd make your estimate into £549 top. A super optimistic guess (a breakout situation) would be last years peak for sterling, price there then would be £429. Large variance like this is unusual though

Caporegime
You are meant to play along dude, why break the magic with a post like this :(

:D

I bet I got a few hearts pounding with that post while they are scouring the web for a link to confirm what I said :p

Not sure if you mean me. Too funny :p

I cannot believe I got a serious answer to something I just made up while typing my post. Honestly, I should make a wccftech type site, people would lap up my content. At the very least I would have one regular user....

Loadsamoney :p

What do you say loadsa, shall we do it mate? I make a site and get posting, you keep posting the links here to get traffic and together we make.... Loadsamoney? PMSL :D

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom