• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

If you're a sad git like me, you can keep adding the GPU's listed on the first page until you've exceeded what's available and it'll display how much stock is remaining. There's still 288 of the 400 left.

I appreciate Overclockers have lowered their prices better than anyway else, but right now it's still too high. Which is a ****** because I'm using the 7800x3d's iGPU. I refuse to pull the trigger with these prices just out of principle.

Yeeeeeeeee.

I think at some point you are going to need to bite the bullet, depending how fussed you are something like a 6700xt would be a very nice performance boost.
As you can probably tell I only upgrade every few years so want something particularly future proof that can run AAA titles at ultra at 1440. So I was looking at the upper tier cards where there is currently no value. Something like a 3060 or 6700 will struggle with the odd game now and will need replacing in a year or two probably.

A 6950XT might be my best bet and I'll have to accept no RT or DLSS.

i dunno people might be buying the pulse instead has its got more warranty? and is a bit faster and not much more expensive, plus being an mba card there could be some lingering doubts about the cooler even though it was only the xtx that had a problem. plus a certain other place matched the price.

i dunno people might be buying the pulse instead has its got more warranty? and is a bit faster and not much more expensive, plus being an mba card there could be some lingering doubts about the cooler even though it was only the xtx that had a problem. plus a certain other place matched the price.
Or most people still think its far to much.

I also see the deal is still on this morning, wondering if sales are a bit slower than expected?

Possibly. The way I see it is if you thought £750 was too expensive then just knocking ~£20 off the price isn't going to change things.

I was tempted Gibbo when first announced the deal but then I thought about it and decided to wait and see what happends when more of the product stack is released. My Vega56 runs all the games I currently play perfectly and as its Summer right now I'm not gaming too much anyway.

might happen next year when its eol, who's going to buy a 7900xtx for 950 plus if the 7900xt is 600 quid?

Yeah but they are overpriced also. Even if they didn't change the price of the 7900xtx people would still buy that if they wanted the best AMD card. 6800xt was £650 and 6900XT was £999 and only gave about 10 - 15% increase. Atleast with the 7900xtx you'd be getting 4GB extra VRAM and ~20% increase.

Yeah but they are overpriced also. Even if they didn't change the price of the 7900xtx people would still buy that if they wanted the best AMD card. 6800xt was £650 and 6900XT was £999 and only gave about 10 - 15% increase. Atleast with the 7900xtx you'd be getting 4GB extra VRAM and ~20% increase.
It’s 15% increase on the XTX vs XT. Not sure where you have 20% from lol. I don’t think that’s worth £350 more.

It’s 15% increase on the XTX vs XT. Not sure where you have 20% from lol. I don’t think that’s worth £350 more.
Its around 18% if you take a sum of all reviews, so closer to 20 than 15.

So it is, just checked its closer to 15% on average, lower at 1080p and higher at 4k. Going off of TPU's review anyway. Though that doesn't really matter and my original point still stands as people would still buy the XTX for £300 more if they wanted the best AMD card just like poeple bought the 6900xt which offered less over then 6800xt than the 7900XTX does over the XT.

Last edited:
The 7900XT is really the 7800XT, but AMD went and pulled a "nvidia'd" tier bovine excrement tactic, to try and sell it for more, as the 7900XT.
You could argue its even a 7700XT as its only 10% faster than a 4070ti which is really a 4060 in specs. The XTX competes with a 4080 which is really a 4070ti with 16gb of VRAM.

If you're a sad git like me, you can keep adding the GPU's listed on the first page until you've exceeded what's available and it'll display how much stock is remaining. There's still 288 of the 400 left.

I appreciate Overclockers have lowered their prices better than anyway else, but right now it's still too high. Which is a ****** because I'm using the 7800x3d's iGPU. I refuse to pull the trigger with these prices just out of principle.
Just enjoy life and add to basket go on!

Back
Top Bottom