• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

So by overclocking the XT the gap can be closed to 10% for £300 less (£728.99 at OCUK)- isn’t that a good deal?
You can overclock any card for extra performance. £750 would be the max I'd pay for the XTX so the XT would have to be £600 before I'd consider it a deal and still not great.

The RX6800 had a uk MSRP of £530 and sat between a 3070ti and 3080, so for a card that sits between a 4070ti and 4080 then £600 would be fair accounting for some inflation.

Last edited:
Rdna 3 isn't that efficient compared to Ada , the trade off using more power and heat with the gains isn't worth it imo . stock performance is already good would tweak to get the best efficiency/ performance

Last edited:
You can overclock any card for extra performance. £750 would be the max I'd pay for the XTX so the XT would have to be £600 before I'd consider it a deal and still not great.

The RX6800 had a uk MSRP of £530 and sat between a 3070ti and 3080, so for a card that sits between a 4070ti and 4080 then £600 would be fair accounting for some inflation.
They’ll both hit your price points by Dec 24 ie RDNA 4

As it should be especially when you consider it came out 28 months after the 3080 and costs 50% more.
True but that's only applicable to FE pricing, if you paid ~£1200 for a 3080 then it's 20% or more cheaper than what some paid for there 3080's-it's a bargain!:p

And again, the 3080 to 79XTX is a fantastic upgrade if you want considerably better performance especially in newer titles and have the money to purchase.

Last edited:
True but that's only applicable to FE pricing, if you paid ~£1200 for a 3080 then it's 20% or more cheaper than what some paid for there 3080's-it's a bargain!:p

And again, the 3080 to 79XTX is a fantastic upgrade if you want considerably better performance especially in newer titles and have the money to purchase.
Even at £1200 back then a 3080 was a far better deal than £1200 for a 4080 or 1k for an XTX now, 6 months of mining and you could easily have made 600 quid.

Even at £1200 back then a 3080 was a far better deal than £1200 for a 4080 or 1k for an XTX now, 6 months of mining and you could easily have made 600 quid.
I don’t think you’re very realistic tbh. An XTX won’t be £750 until the eve of the next generation. AMD aren’t going to do that much of a drastic cut. Anyway you might as well wait and see whether you get better value next gen from both companies.(I suspect not)

Last edited:

This.

Ridiculous prices a couple of years ago was because you could get ridiculous returns as well. I got about 3 full good gaming PC's and made a profit in the meantime.

Now, however, mining gives negative returns due to electric costs and there are also loads of ex mining cards on the market along with unsold last gen stock.

The prices drops on the XT are nice to see but unlikely to sway those with 3k/6k series cards.

Yeeeeeeeee.

I think at some point you are going to need to bite the bullet, depending how fussed you are something like a 6700xt would be a very nice performance boost.
Even a 3060 for £260 would be a solid uplift, although at those price points I’d have a look at the used market.

Back
Top Bottom