• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

I think it (7900xt) is tremendous value for £700. It’s 3090ti level with Vram to boot. Imagining getting a 3090ti/3090 for half price a year later. I’m not sure the XTX is that value as it’s only 10-15% faster then the Xt but for £300 more.

Too late. They should have done this 6 months ago.

Last edited:
I think it (7900xt) is tremendous value for £700. It’s 3090ti level with Vram to boot. Imagining getting a 3090ti/3090 for half price a year later. I’m not sure the XTX is that value as it’s only 10-15% faster then the Xt but for £300 more.

Not sure I'd call it tremendous value just because it's one of better choices surrounded by poor value it's still over priced it's an £600 card 7800xt just renamed just so they can hike the price following right behind Nvidia

Tech always advances so you should expect to be better than last gen offerings

The world has moved on and prices from the past are no longer.

These 2 companies have decided this is how much gpus will be from now on- they don’t really care what you think tbh lol.

I'm sure they don't, which is fine, I have other things to spend my money on :)

Of course if a significant proportion of (former) customers start to feel the same way, then maybe they will start to care.

Either way, I'm not sure why you're so eager to defend the ridiculous current pricing - purchase justification?

I'm sure they don't, which is fine, I have other things to spend my money on :)

Of course if a significant proportion of (former) customers start to feel the same way, then maybe they will start to care.

Either way, I'm not sure why you're so eager to defend the ridiculous current pricing - purchase justification?

I suspect he owns 7900xt lol

I suspect he owns 7900xt lol
Anyway if people don’t want to pay the current market rate then perhaps they should go for console gaming (at a price performance they can afford).

I’d be worried if I was holding onto anything below a 3080ti tbh right now with Unreal 5 engine demands on vram.

Last edited:
Embarrassing bringing up affordability lol. As for the 7900xt, it was the biggest joke going in the reviews. I and many others could never pay that kind of money for a radeon, guess AMD knows this and that's why the make so few of them.

couq97e.png

Anyway if people don’t want to pay the current market rate then perhaps they should go for console gaming (at a price performance they can afford).

I’d be worried if I was holding onto anything below a 3080ti tbh right now.

If I was desperate for GPU 7900xt would be one of the cards I would be looking at but doesn't mean I'd start justifying the purchase because I know it's still poor just one of the better options currently

I'm happy with my current card and rarely play prefer spending time on other stuff gaming isn't my main thing

Embarrassing bringing up affordability lol. As for the 7900xt, it was the biggest joke going in the reviews. I and many others could never pay that kind of money for a radeon, guess AMD knows this and that's why the make so few of them.
4070 was the bigger joke pal (narrow bus, 12gb paltry vram and only 3080 perf) you lapped it all up lol. I still think the OCUK deal for £728 is a bargain on the 7900XT esp as it’s relatively future proofed with 20gb vram and AI cores.

Clearly people don’t want to consider anything other than Nvidia but you do get more for your money with AMD. I don’t think you can get it cheaper than what’s on offer at OCUK for a 7900xt mba.

Last edited:

couq97e.png
Also Steve corrected that view and actually recommended the 7900xt for $800usd when compared to the 4070ti in a later video- you’re quite selective of the facts!

Last edited:
If I was desperate for GPU 7900xt would be one of the cards I would be looking at but doesn't mean I'd start justifying the purchase because I know it's still poor just one of the better options currently

I'm happy with my current card and rarely play prefer spending time on other stuff gaming isn't my main thing
Yeap he paid over the odds for a 7900XT and is just trying to justify it, deep down he knows he's been done but will just keep up the denial.

couq97e.png

Doesn’t make much sense this - you paid £580 for a 4070, a 7900 XT is now £730, and for that extra £150 you get a card with another 8GB of vram and 20-35% faster (outside of RT). Seems like a pretty reasonable upgrade for another £150 to me, for the vram alone.

Yeap he paid over the odds for a 7900XT and is just trying to justify it, deep down he knows he's been done but will just keep up the denial.
Paid £749 so I’m happy with that and the 2 months use out of it. Just stating that AMD does offer some value for money this gen. Don’t believe all the hype and do your own research.

Paid £749 so I’m happy with that and the 2 months use out of it. Just stating that AMD does offer some value for money this gen. Don’t believe all the hype and do your own research.

It's all relative though. You wouldn't say a Focus for £80k was "good value" just because the only alternatives are an Astra for £75k or a Golf for £100k...

For what it's worth, the 7900XTX Pulse-upgrading from a 3080@4K 65" QD-Oled, I'm very impressed with the performance uplift especially on new titles.
Isn’t the XTX 10-15% better at raster over the XT? I saw a review after overclocking the XT (using more power) to close the gap to 10%. Surely that’s better to save £300 and getting within touching distance of a 4080/7900XTX? (Am I missing something here?)

Last edited:
Isn’t the XTX 10-15% better at raster over the XT? I saw a review after overclocking the XT (using more power) to close the gap to 10%. Surely that’s better to save £300 and getting within touching distance of a 4080/7900XTX? (Am I missing something here?)
The XTX is around 20% faster, 4080 is around 15%
For what it's worth, the 7900XTX Pulse-upgrading from a 3080@4K 65" QD-Oled, I'm very impressed with the performance uplift especially on new titles.
As it should be especially when you consider it came out 28 months after the 3080 and costs 50% more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom