• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 4400 and 4800 Socket 939 1MB Cache CPU's - NEW LOW PRICES!!

Associate
goody_106 said:
My bank account is still not as it should from all the trouble that i have been having so im sitting here still processor-less !

Strange that how they have bunked the price back up - it is obviously to do with demand, but as everyone has said there are loads of places that have them for £200ish now

Strange how gibbo hasn't posted anything on this thread for a while :confused:

Shop elsewhere. ;)

Soldato
OzyOly said:
They don't have them is stock anyway so what is the point?
They are in stock now mate - thats the point, they have put the price up to £249 +vat but now they have them in stock which is why i said it is probably down to demand

Personnally i wouldn't spend that much on one i would rather buy the 4400 for £120 cheaper :o

Funds still locked out of account... hopefully will be sorted soon so i can finally place an order for a new cpu :D

Associate
4400+......

Well

Got my 4400 yesterday - details are:

ccbwe 0609dpmw

Ive just come from a a64 3000 venice which was clocked at 300x9 = 2700 on a dfi nf4 ultra d, with 2x512 utt ram... kind of disapointed so far as im really struggling to get this stable at 2.6 :(

2.6 was my minimum goal really due to the nature of my usage, more tweaking to be done tonight etc

:edit: I might have to back down on the voltage as well i think, been too used to wacking 1.6 volts through my 3000+ :)

I might actually be hitting it alittle hard with 1.56 straight away....

Last edited:
Soldato
If you wanted to be cynical you could say that perhaps they never actually ran out of stock but noticed there was plenty of demand, put it on "out of stock" for a couple of days, meanwhile bumping the price up, then magically announce they are back in stock. You would have to be really really cynical to think that though.

Associate
slunge said:
Well

Got my 4400 yesterday - details are:

ccbwe 0609dpmw

Ive just come from a a64 3000 venice which was clocked at 300x9 = 2700 on a dfi nf4 ultra d, with 2x512 utt ram... kind of disapointed so far as im really struggling to get this stable at 2.6 :(

2.6 was my minimum goal really due to the nature of my usage, more tweaking to be done tonight etc

:edit: I might have to back down on the voltage as well i think, been too used to wacking 1.6 volts through my 3000+ :)

I might actually be hitting it alittle hard with 1.56 straight away....

That voltage sounds a little high to me, remember this chip is based on the 0.9 process and so requires a lower stock voltage.
My 4400 has 1.4V through it and is clocked to 2.75 for past 3 months no problems. Heat is the killer so higher voltage gives more heat, therefore good cooling is even more important.
If you get 2.6 with standard air cooler then thats pretty good IMO.
I have a Big Typhoon cooler which is excellent (both cores full load give 45 Deg Cent) There are other issues that depend on your MB and memory type etc
Regards
Phil

Associate
Philbill said:
That voltage sounds a little high to me, remember this chip is based on the 0.9 process and so requires a lower stock voltage.
My 4400 has 1.4V through it and is clocked to 2.75 for past 3 months no problems. Heat is the killer so higher voltage gives more heat, therefore good cooling is even more important.
If you get 2.6 with standard air cooler then thats pretty good IMO.
I have a Big Typhoon cooler which is excellent (both cores full load give 45 Deg Cent) There are other issues that depend on your MB and memory type etc
Regards
Phil

Im using the same xp90-C and 92mm panaflo that was used on my 3000 @ 2.7 - temps are not an issue at the moment from what I can see - sitting at 50ish under full load (with both cores).

Im currently testing each core individually, running load at 40ish degrees (thats with only one core at a time loaded).

Associate
Is it not also possible that everything is as it seems...

Gibbo got a a few hundred X2 4800 cpu's from AMD cheap - which he sold at the low price - which then ran out of stock as the website showed.

After that he has needed to source from elsewhere which has cost more?

He did also say that ALL the 939 cpu's would be hard to get hold of so get them when you can as they would likely start rising in price the same as the old Socket A cpu's did.

And poeple who are quoting price watching websites for the cheapest X2 4800 pricing - have you noticed how very few sites actually have them in stock?

If they had wanted just money they could have kept the price high all along and I'm sure poeple would have purchased them.

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

Some CPU's in This Week Only, the real deals are the 4400 and 4600 X2 processors. Further reduced in price, staggering when you consider how hard they are to get hold off but I've managed to source more stock.

Also I have further reduced the Athlon 64 4000, these seem to hit 3GHz with ease and are such ana amazing bargain.

The X2 4800's I managed to source a little more stock, only 100 units so have dropped price a bit but they are selling like hot cakes so we can't give them away it would just be bad business to do so. :)

Associate
Hey peeps,

I've got a Shuttle SN25P which i believe the highest CPU it will take is the X2 4800.

I'm currently running a Whinny 3200 with 2Gb of RAMand still quite happy.

I'd like to future proof the rig as much as possible, so if the CPU's are going to be stopped i need to get in quick.

Question is..how much of a difference in performace will i notice?? I'm really tight on cash and would rather not waste money if the gain will be negligible.

Cheers

Adam

Associate
Given a couple of days testing my 4400 (see previous post) has really not performed like I hoped it would and will be on ebay very shortly.... :(

2.5ghz took 1.5V + and 2.6 ghz wasnt even on the cards (shame, will carry on looking).

Im the mean time my venice 3000 @ 2.7 has been swapped out for an opteron144 which is sitting pretty at 2.8ghz atm (cheers aron - nice cpu).

Slu

Soldato
slunge said:
If your able to post back in here - im interested to see if your 4400 is anybetter than mine is / was :)
yes definately i'l keep you updated - wont get it until monday becuase didnt want to pay for saturday postage !

il be happy with 2.6 but more would be nicer

Soldato
slunge said:
If your able to post back in here - im interested to see if your 4400 is anybetter than mine is / was :)

I got a 4400 and its running at 10.5x 252HT = 2646MHz @ 1.45V, about 36'C idle. Ram on 5:3 divider at 220Mhz, 6-3-3-2.0. Seems stable enough for me. This is with a star ice cooler. Quite chuffed with it, though the whole "do you or do you not need to install amd x2 drivers/optimiser/ms hot fix" thing is confusing the hell out of me.

Of course, I completey forgot to make a note of the stepping info on the cpu before greedily slapping AS5 over it and stuffing into into the motherboard.

Associate
Originally Posted by goody_106
i have received an order shipped email, when will i receive it, i only placed the order this morning, and i didnt pay for saturday delivery ?

Should be with you on Monday then I think. Really interested to see how you get on, as this is an upgrade I am seriously considering at the moment.

Associate
slunge said:
Given a couple of days testing my 4400 (see previous post) has really not performed like I hoped it would and will be on ebay very shortly.... :(

2.5ghz took 1.5V + and 2.6 ghz wasnt even on the cards (shame, will carry on looking).

Im the mean time my venice 3000 @ 2.7 has been swapped out for an opteron144 which is sitting pretty at 2.8ghz atm (cheers aron - nice cpu).

Slu

Well I got two 4400's and had the time so far to clock one a little, managed 2,640mhz with the voltage just above 1.4v (A64 Freezer) and that's S&M (100% load) and prime stable.

slunge said:
ccbwe 0609dpmw

Will check the stepping when i'm back at home... but from what I remember they're similar.

Back
Top Bottom