• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
aaa so You gotten new board You flashed the Friday ABB bios on it yet ?? Hope its BETTER than my expirience with my x570 elite and 3600 :D
Yep flashed to latest bios. Everytime I change something and restart it takes 3 minutes to get it to finally post, spent long time entering ryzen ram calc numbers only for it to not post and I have to reset the bios and start from nothing

Soldato
Yep flashed to latest bios. Everytime I change something and restart it takes 3 minutes to get it to finally post, spent long time entering ryzen ram calc numbers only for it to not post and I have to reset the bios and start from nothing

Why dont you save the BIOS you just created before exiting the BIOS? Does your MOBO not have an option to save BIOS's?

Caporegime
Permabanned
O ye same expirience as on the x570 gigcrap elite :/
@Woodsta888 as You sugested i sugest same.
Lesson nr1 after You finish putting stuff in SAVE THE PROFILE cause it resets whiole bios settings to 0 if it wont post its stupid. On asus you got all settings still and you can change something and save and try to post.

Last edited:
Permabanned
@Illuminist - don't bother with Ryzen calculator. Not right at the beginning anyway.

Follow the instructions I posted before. That will get you up and running.
wont worrk with gigabyte you know why ?? Cause memory kit i had since 1700x teamgroup 3733cl18 that would boot and work at xmp 3733cl18 on 2700x YES working 3733 on ZEN+ and was workign on my C7H on xmp like a dream..... I'w put it in rhis gigabyte elite motherboard and it WONT BOOT AT ALL. And I tried all 3 bioses. aa AB ABA ABB.
Posting on those motherboards is Worst I'w seen. Does not have qcode only buzzer boots slow as hell.
So giving any advide on motherboard that cant even boot up properly when you cahnge ANY bios setting is USELESS. Read below even changing FAN setting can resoult in NO POST lol :S

@Illuminist **** man pc was crashing post when i tried to change FAN from Normal to Silent or manual. Only change made in bios after loading optimal settings and would not post.... I was hoping You have better luck... I know I'm not touching gigabyte or Msi motherboards or myself.
Some stupid stuff going on when you cahnege settings in bios and reboot not a clue i even reflashed bios thinking it could be bad flash... Nope.... Took me 20 minutes of rebooting to somehow set fan to manual on cpu save reboot and post. Then all started working like it Fixed itself LOL

After playing with that x570 gigacrap elite I WILL PAY ASUS MOTHERBOARD TAX with smile on my face. I'w never had problems like this on any motherboard ever. Even less problems when I had to set up IRQ ports with jumpers back on 486dx times !!!!

Anyhow when I was tweeking settings on new bios on my mates pc that I'w build for him I was Changing 1 SETING reboot posts save profile 2. Next setting post save settign 3 and so on so I could revert 1 or 2 steps back if It would not post.

O ye DONT TRY RYZEN MASTER i used it to change memory setting could not post back up for 10 minutes !!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
wont worrk with gigabyte you know why ?? Cause memory kit i had since 1700x teamgroup 3733cl18 that would boot and work at xmp 3733cl18 on 2700x YES working 3733 on ZEN+ and was workign on my C7H on xmp like a dream..... I'w put it in rhis gigabyte elite motherboard and it WONT BOOT AT ALL. And I tried all 3 bioses. aa AB ABA ABB.
Posting on those motherboards is Worst I'w seen. Does not have qcode only buzzer boots slow as hell.
So giving any advide on motherboard that cant even boot up properly when you cahnge ANY bios setting is USELESS.

@Illuminist **** man pc was crashing post when i tried to change FAN from Normal to Silent or manual. Only change made in bios after loading optimal settings and would not post.... I was hoping You have better luck... I know I'm not touching gigabyte or Msi motherboards or myself.
Some stupid stuff going on when you cahnege settings in bios and reboot not a clue i even reflashed bios thinking it could be bad flash... Nope.... Took me 20 minutes of rebooting to somehow set fan to manual on cpu save reboot and post. Then all started working like it Fixed itself LOL

After playing with that x570 gigacrap elite I WILL PAY ASUS MOTHERBOARD TAX with smile on my face. I'w never had problems like this on any motherboard ever. Even less problems when I had to set up IRQ ports with jumpers back on 486dx times !!!!

Anyhow when I was tweeking settings on new bios on my mates pc that I'w build for him I was Changing 1 SETING reboot posts save profile 2. Next setting post save settign 3 and so on so I could revert 1 or 2 steps back if It would not post.

O ye DONT TRY RYZEN MASTER i used it to change memory setting could not post back up for 10 minutes !!!

Are they in the correct memory slots? Some motherboards, like mine, will not run RAM above 2400Mhz in slots A1 and B1, it might be different for other boards, check the manual.

I seem to remember that 300/400 series Gigabyte boards don't have a good rep for memory overclocking, i don't know where it was or how true it is.

Soldato
So giving any advide on motherboard that cant even boot up properly when you cahnge ANY bios setting is USELESS. Read below even changing FAN setting can resoult in NO POST lol :S

Exactly this, all of this

On my x470 ultra gaming I was getting 4.35ghz single core boost and 4.15 multi.

On this 3x the price x570 i get 4.2ghz and 4.1 multi.

Every setting I change takes 5 minutes to post.

Not only was my x470 faster, it boosted higher
Even though it was hitting ppt and edc 100% limits

This x570 is using 20% and won't even boost as high....

Soldato
Are they in the correct memory slots? Some motherboards, like mine, will not run RAM above 2400Mhz in slots A1 and B1, it might be different for other boards, check the manual.

I seem to remember that 300/400 series Gigabyte boards don't have a good rep for memory overclocking, i don't know where it was or how true it is.
I have 4 dimms.

I am running 3600 cl14 and 1800ghz IF now totally fine.
But the cpu is still massively underperforming

Permabanned
Wait.... how is it underperforming?
It's not boosting as high as hes x470 was with crap vrm LOL

aka

On my x470 ultra gaming I was getting 4.35ghz single core boost and 4.15 multi.

On this 3x the price x570 i get 4.2ghz and 4.1 multi.

Single core Should be boosting to almost 4600 not 4300 tho..

Back
Top Bottom