• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Guys what will be faster Ryzen 3600 @ 3.4GHz with 3800CL16 RAM (not max tuned, can go 3800CL14) or Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2GHz with 3200CL16-18-18-18-36 (Auto subtimings)?

Soldato
@Zeed running fresh on tightened 16,15,15,15,32,40 3600mhz
All core 4.3 @1.35v
But occasionally seeing slight memory artifacting in apex, like a quick small blue flash, or black lines for a second,, it's rare but disturbing any thoughts?
Oh and 64.9 latency so no trophy for me
Medium llc and medium vrm llc

Permabanned
@Zeed running fresh on tightened 16,15,15,15,32,40 3600mhz
All core 4.3 @1.35v
But occasionally seeing slight memory artifacting in apex, like a quick small blue flash, or black lines for a second,, it's rare but disturbing any thoughts?
Oh and 64.9 latency so no trophy for me
Medium llc and medium vrm llc
my guess would be GPU oc not cpu

Man of Honour
Done some more tinkering tonight. Undervolted the 3900x with a -0.025 offset, and worked my way all the way down to -0.1

Pretty surprising results, Cinebench score was up by 100 points on average and my Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark averaged 5fps higher.

Best of all, my temps would previously hit 80 and creep up to 83 peak. Now, highest I've seen is 77 although they tend to sit at 75, which while it's not massively lower, it's certainly better!

When I pushed my luck and went to -0.125, I saw a drop in Cinebench below stock, although oddly my peak boost speeds were highest.

Last thing I tried was to set my Infinity Fabric speed to 1800MHz and breaking the 1:1 ratio, as my RAM currently maxes out at 1600. That gave me a 50 point boost on Cinebench also. I'll hopefully get some 3600MHz RAM soon so can put it back to 1:1

Permabanned
Thanks. What does changing this value do with regards to the issue I'm having? Do you think it's to do with clock speed fluctuations causing mouse hitches?
Could help that problem also try upping South bridge voltage a bit if you can. You on x570 maybe that chipset cold be overheating.... Hmmm look in to that .

Soldato
So predictably with VDDG back on auto I'm back to a freeze again every 3-4 hours of gaming.

Of course it's impossible to know if during my game time where I was not freezing with VDDG set to 1.1v (which I have been told is too high) I was just being lucky and the problem was still there just not presenting it's self.

What I've done is taken the 0.950v recommendation for VDDG from the DRAM calculator and applied that. Lets see.

I could raise the SOC voltage, but it's set to 1.1v and a lot of things on the net say 1.1v is the best value for the SOC. To much can cause instability. DRAM calculator recommends 1.1v for timings that are faster than mine so for now 1.1v remains.

However if I continue to experience freezing then I will up the SOC voltage a tad.

---

AMD and Intel should release guidelines that these are the range of values for the most important voltages for overclocking. At least we would know from the source what voltage we needed to tweak within a set of parameters.

Permabanned
So predictably with VDDG back on auto I'm back to a freeze again every 3-4 hours of gaming.

Of course it's impossible to know if during my game time where I was not freezing with VDDG set to 1.1v (which I have been told is too high) I was just being lucky and the problem was still there just not presenting it's self.

What I've done is taken the 0.950v recommendation for VDDG from the DRAM calculator and applied that. Lets see.

I could raise the SOC voltage, but it's set to 1.1v and a lot of things on the net say 1.1v is the best value for the SOC. To much can cause instability. DRAM calculator recommends 1.1v for timings that are faster than mine so for now 1.1v remains.

However if I continue to experience freezing then I will up the SOC voltage a tad.

---

AMD and Intel should release guidelines that these are the range of values for the most important voltages for overclocking. At least we would know from the source what voltage we needed to tweak within a set of parameters.
they cant cause every board is buit dofrferent and behaves bit difrferent...

Soldato
they cant cause every board is buit dofrferent and behaves bit difrferent...

So if you say it's different for every board. Then I'm clueless what to do to stop the freezing. Leave VDDG on auto and up SOC a little bit?

Basically I can play for maybe 4hrs before experiencing a freeze.

Dram volts are 1.35v. I left them there because the 3600MHz CL16 Darkkpro ram which Gibbo says is the same bin as the 3200MHz CL14 kit I have also runs a 1.35v.

Could the issue be neither VDDG or SOC voltage but dram voltage?

(I can pass 400% HCI with current settings.)

Back
Top Bottom