• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Would you say memory incompatibility can cause it? I thought all RAM would work on any system to a point. Not talking about b-die stuff specifically.

Just gave that a go and it doesn't look like it helped.
Yup or bad connection on cpu socket to memory or bad mem kit or bad IMC in cpu.

This wont be software related chipset drivers windows reinstall's wont do nothing.

Soldato
Well Today I had my first Random Reboot when watching Youtube.... Could be ne chipset drivers could be new NV drivers. But I think Chipset is more possible tbh :/ Not had one for 3 weeks or so...

Come on you know better than this. It's not the chipset or NV drivers. :p

You can run stress tests as much as you like but as I said they aren't worth spending hours and hours stress testing, as they only show stability in those particular tests.

Real world stability is the real test and that only comes form running the pc every day over a very long time.

It ain't stable.

But with the number of things you've changed in the BIOS, which one (or combo) is the culprit? This is why I prefer to limit overclocking to just the most critical parameters (less the better) that way you know when something goes wrong it's much easier to debug and isolate.

---

Probably easiest fix, is to take some MHz off of your overclocks and leave things as they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
ASRock have released 1.0.0.3ABB UEFIs for every single AM4 motherboard except for the 2 niche boards that have never received a UEFI update and.....you guessed it, the X470 Taichi Ultimate. I can't imagine they've forgotten about their previous flagship board so maybe there's another reason but it's very frustrating.

Permabanned
Come on you know better than this. It's not the chipset or NV drivers. :p

You can run stress tests as much as you like but as I said they aren't worth spending hours and hours stress testing, as they only show stability in those particular tests.

Real world stability is the real test and that only comes form running the pc every day over a very long time.

It ain't stable.

But with the number of things you've changed in the BIOS, which one (or combo) is the culprit? This is why I prefer to limit overclocking to just the most critical parameters (less the better) that way you know when something goes wrong it's much easier to debug and isolate.

---

Probably easiest fix, is to take some MHz off of your overclocks and leave things as they are.
Nope It's Chipset drivers reberted back to previous ones. You the one with no clue about sorting system stability if anyone here :D

Deffo would not advice anyone taking ANY advice's from You. Yould nto even sord sound stuttering out lol.

Just last 2 weeks iw put 60 hours playing wow.

Permabanned
ASRock have released 1.0.0.3ABB UEFIs for every single AM4 motherboard except for the 2 niche boards that have never received a UEFI update and.....you guessed it, the X470 Taichi Ultimate. I can't imagine they've forgotten about their previous flagship board so maybe there's another reason but it's very frustrating.
It will take a while Quite allot of motherboards. If anyone Asus is wayyy behind everyone.

Soldato
Nope It's Chipset drivers reberted back to previous ones. You the one with no clue about sorting system stability if anyone here :D

Deffo would not advice anyone taking ANY advice's from You. Yould nto even sord sound stuttering out lol.

If you say so mate. ;)

I'm as stable as rock. Your the one complaining of instability. Plus other people can vouch that what I've told them works. :cool:

But no, the chipset drivers would defo NOT cause you to randomly reboot. It's unlikely AMD would have missed this during testing. Not impossible, but very unlikely. Plus if there was a problem, they'd pull the driver.

Considering your overclocking your system to hell and back it's pretty easy to say it's an unstable overclock.

Every one (including me) blames other factors when they have instability, but the truth is it's the overclock!

---

Also what, since you put the older chipset drivers back you've used it for 5 mins and think your stable? :p

---

I'm not trying to troll you by the way, you've helped me out in the past. But I am just being honest.

---

Imagine a scientist right wants to conduct an experiment. Does he change one variable at a time to observe the effect it has or does he change 100 variables and claim EUREKA I've solved it until a few weeks later something changes it no longer exhibits the same behaviour and now he has no idea what to do next. :confused:

That's effectually what you've done.

---

I've updated both chipset drivers and Nvidia drivers and see no issues at all.

---

At least my CL16 3600MHz 70ns latency ram is stable.

Your super fast 62ns latency ram is not (or is it the CPU as well). ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
It will take a while Quite allot of motherboards. If anyone Asus is wayyy behind everyone.

I'm already 50/50 whether to buy their motherboards due to their horrendous approach to RMA (I wouldn't touch their GPUs). If they drag their heels with a proper functional BIOS then I think I'll write them off - the latest 2606 is a bag of ****.

Soldato
That's not the point. Others might be slower but ASRock clearly got 1.0.0.3ABB sorted weeks ago...and yet only one specific motherboard doesn't have the update yet? Doesn't make sense.

Permabanned
If you say so mate. ;)

I'm as stable as rock. Your the one complaining of instability. Plus other people can vouch that what I've told them works. :cool:

But no, the chipset drivers would defo NOT cause you to randomly reboot. It's unlikely AMD would have missed this during testing. Not impossible, but very unlikely. Plus if there was a problem, they'd pull the driver.

Considering your overclocking your system to hell and back it's pretty easy to say it's an unstable overclock.

Every one (including me) blames other factors when they have instability, but the truth is it's the overclock!

---

Also what, since you put the older chipset drivers back you've used it for 5 mins and think your stable? :p

---

I'm not trying to troll you by the way, you've helped me out in the past. But I am just being honest.

---

Imagine a scientist right wants to conduct an experiment. Does he change one variable at a time to observe the effect it has or does he change 100 variables and claim EUREKA I've solved it until a few weeks later something changes it no longer exhibits the same behaviour and now he has no idea what to do next. :confused:

That's effectually what you've done.

---

I've updated both chipset drivers and Nvidia drivers and see no issues at all.

---

At least my CL16 3600MHz 70ns latency ram is stable.

Your super fast 62ns latency ram is not (or is it the CPU as well). ;)
Guess you missed that 3 weeks and 70 hours of stable use is more than You tested out. Have you run how the new chipset dna gpu drivers latency is?? I did l. Have you tested performance impact of both drivers in multiple applications like rendering mining and gaming?? I did.

I can post You at least 3 situations Iw seen where peoplw got problems after ipgrafing from previous to this chipset driver.

And AMD releasing ****** bugged AGESTA or drivers for chipsets ?? Na that never happens.

O wait we are on 3rd 'fixed' AGESA microcode thatstill got major flaws in it.

Or releasing official 5700x drivers that corrupt display when inatalling. Crashing when changing setting in AMD software.

Yee all AMD software is 101% bug fre lol

Permabanned
@opethdisciple there is difference between complaining about having unstable system like you did for weeks. And Informing about possible issue with new drivers lime I did.

How much do you know about AMDs cpus settings corruption occuring over time for example??

Permabanned
Soldato
I reseated the stock cooler, reseated the RAM, no difference. Should i reinstall Windows and try again? Or is it definitely hardware related? Maybe at this point i should soon sort out getting a compatible memory kit, if that's what the problem is.

Aren't others here using memory not on QVL without issue though?

Soldato
I reseated the stock cooler, reseated the RAM, no difference. Should i reinstall Windows and try again? Or is it definitely hardware related? Maybe at this point i should soon sort out getting a compatible memory kit, if that's what the problem is.

Did you try putting your other two sticks of RAM in yet?

Permabanned

Told You its not software. You can Re Re Re re rrerreer instal windows 3000 times and still will be same problem. its hardware/memory try other sticks. Ryzen can be very picky on memory especially Hynix . Micron E die and Samsung B are less problematic but not 100% problem free.

You could buy some Bdie kit somewhere and test it out if wont help 14 days return so loose money only on postage.

Even at BSOD video You posted here This is what it says 'Stop code MEMORY MANAGEMENT'. I think Windows is trying to tell You something with that.
GCXNOc1.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Told You its not software. You can Re Re Re re rrerreer instal windows 3000 times and still will be same problem. its hardware/memory try other sticks. Ryzen can be very picky on memory especially Hynix . Micron E die and Samsung B are less problematic but not 100% problem free.

You could buy some Bdie kit somewhere and test it out if wont help 14 days return so loose money only on postage.

To give an example my 1700 with 3200c16 Hynix was stable at max 2933c16, my 3200c14 8 pack bdie was stable at 3466c15 or 3333c14 for 2 x 8GB with no changes to my machine. It is supposed to be less noticeable for new versions of Ryzen.

Permabanned
To give an example my 1700 with 3200c16 Hynix was stable at max 2933c16, my 3200c14 8 pack bdie was stable at 3466c15 or 3333c14 for 2 x 8GB with no changes to my machine. It is supposed to be less noticeable for new versions of Ryzen.
Ye it was on Zen+ Zen2 got whole new connection system of IMC infinity fabric and cores. Loads have changed from resistance to working settings.

Just to put example I sold few of my used memory kits with full settings tested with 30 quid premium on top of NEW kits. To people not having enough time or will to spend on testing settings.

Let's call them ZEED's Ryzen binned kits ;) Everyone super happy with what they gotten :).

I know that some motherboards on Zen2 dont want to work 100% stable with XMP profile on them 3200cl14 teamgoup ryzen kits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom