• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Bought my kids a 2600x and the B450 Carbon mobo, paired with 3600mhz C16 Gskill ram and a 1080 it's running everything sweet at 1440p.

I'd go as far to say their rig is probably better than mine currently lol

Soldato
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-15-percent-ipc-uplift-4-5-ghz-x570-pcie-gen-4-40-lanes/

Heads up for those that haven't heard me say this.

First Gen engineering samples were a flop ! All be does received this thought the same, was truly aweful units and retail version was completely different , and hence all the bios tweaking and ram profiling .
I don't think AMD would do the same but also believe these chips wouldn't clock as low as this , guessing would be some of the first batch and Vendors are just as bad for leaking stuff (hence how videocardz get all their stuff from vendors a few days earlier then they should ) .
Personally hoping 5ghz is in site and 4.8ghz is the mainstream :D

Soldato
The biggest news for me is 40 lanes. That will definitely be enough to convince me I don't need TR4. It will, however, give Intel even more competition.

Associate
I will take that with a pinch of salt from there
But here's hoping
It would be great news but may I refer you to Utah:

ce04411765

The Bonneville Salt Flats. :)

Soldato
I was just coming in to drop that wccf leak, it is pretty close to what I expected, 200mhz increase on a new process but 15% IPC gain. That puts it at stock very close to a 9900k running at 4.9... If they achieve 4.6 or 4.7 boost then the IPC gain will see it beat out intel. That is without the increae from the better IMC, although it seems that the increase there is marginal.

Soldato
Of course we will also have to wait and see what 15% IPC actually means in games as that could apply to just about any task.

For the first time at 7nm and with the chiplet design this looks very impressive.

Mark Papermastet was clearly hinting that getting higher clocks was prooving hard. But a 15% IPC increase is equivalent to a 725mhz jump in frequency at 4.5ghz. That puts it at the equivalent of a 2700x at 5.25ghz.

Which at stock will mean it is handing intel a big challenge.

Soldato
I wish I knew half as much as some of you guys know about CPU/GPU/RAM.
Safest option for me will be to keep a close eye on what everyone is going for and play it safe.

Caporegime
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-15-percent-ipc-uplift-4-5-ghz-x570-pcie-gen-4-40-lanes/

Heads up for those that haven't heard me say this.

First Gen engineering samples were a flop ! All be does received this thought the same, was truly aweful units and retail version was completely different , and hence all the bios tweaking and ram profiling .
I don't think AMD would do the same but also believe these chips wouldn't clock as low as this , guessing would be some of the first batch and Vendors are just as bad for leaking stuff (hence how videocardz get all their stuff from vendors a few days earlier then they should ) .
Personally hoping 5ghz is in site and 4.8ghz is the mainstream :D

The report states that the samples allegedly feature a 15% boost in terms of IPC which would be a good increase over existing Zen+ based parts that already lifted the IPC by 3% over Ryzen 1st Gen CPUs. It is also reported that the boost frequency for these samples is reported at up to 4.5 GHz which should scale better with higher core and higher TDP parts. It looks like AMD would make a serious focus on the efficiency of their 7nm processors while delivering a good boost in processor performance over the last generation parts.

Oh nice....

I was just coming in to drop that wccf leak, it is pretty close to what I expected, 200mhz increase on a new process but 15% IPC gain. That puts it at stock very close to a 9900k running at 4.9... If they achieve 4.6 or 4.7 boost then the IPC gain will see it beat out intel. That is without the increae from the better IMC, although it seems that the increase there is marginal.
What we know about XFR2 is that it boosts the clocks automatically, so I think there's a very high possibility that the WCCFTech linked IPC figures are contaminated by higher clocks that aren't being accounted for, especially so if your higher boost numbers are in effect.
I would be quite wary of assuming that there's more performance on top of what some leaks are suggesting. We know for a fact that WCCFTech analysis is pretty inconsistent.

Soldato
Absolutely agree, this is all just rumour and heresay at this point, but it does look promising that it might match or exceed 9900k performance unless you are applying a pretty exotic overclock on the intel chip.

Soldato
Anyone any idea how the 40 lanes would work? Aren't they limited to 24 from the CPU so 16 from the chips? Is that doable? It would nice to be able to get a few NVME drives working on mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom