• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Man of Honour
I'd rather AMD take their time and do it right, as opposed to rushing it out, riddled with security holes like that other company.

Not my intention to defend that other company but this is what happens when you sit on one platform/architecture for too long and artificially hold back progress - if you look at most older hardware things like memory protection and so on get cracked eventually hence emulators, etc. and people don't talk about them (generally) as riddled with security holes.

Same happens with a lot of things like routers and other network hardware - stuff that was considered having robust security in its day often requires a shower of patches if it is still in general use 10 years on.

Soldato
Not my intention to defend that other company but this is what happens when you sit on one platform/architecture for too long and artificially hold back progress - if you look at most older hardware things like memory protection and so on get cracked eventually hence emulators, etc. and people don't talk about them (generally) as riddled with security holes.

Same happens with a lot of things like routers and other network hardware - stuff that was considered having robust security in its day often requires a shower of patches if it is still in general use 10 years on.

Yeah the current core microarchitecture is based on the original Pentium Dual-Core processor (Yonah) from 2006 which was itself based on the Pentium M (Banias) from 2003 which itself was based on a die-shrunk Pentium III Tualatin from 2001 which was based on a die shrink of Pentium III Coppermine from 1999 which was a refined version of the Pentium III Katmai etc. Keep going back and you eventually end up with the Pentium Pro from 1995. So parts of the 9900K were originally made over 20 years ago.

It's ironic that the biggest chip company with their vast resources simply cobbled together their entire line-up. Yet the struggling AMD built Zem from the ground up.

Soldato
More apparent Retailer Ryzen 3000 leaks.

3800X 16 core 4.7Ghz Turbo.
3700X 12 core 5.0Ghz Turbo.
3600X 8 core 4.8Ghz Turbo.
I seriously hope that's true. Would a struggling retailer benefit from making that stuff up for publicity? That's seriously beyond amazing, the 3600X would definitely beat the 9900k :D

Soldato
I was just coming in to post this up as well - it is obviously just at rumour level right now, but if this is substantiated it will be a massive game changer - especially if they get 10+ IPC improvement.

Associate
Those Ryzen leaks are EXACTLY the same AdoredTVs leaks, so wouldn't surprise me if these were just from there and put as placeholders. Or could be confirmation of Adored's leaks. But I don't really see why they would have any of the details so...

AdoredTV.png

Caporegime
I'd say it'll release near the end of July, maybe mid August at the latest. Claiming a September release is bordering on trolling. But it looks like it will release later than expected, like Navi. Disappointing to say the least.

so i say august to september im trolling. you say mid august and its fine ? these forums lol.

Soldato
Those Ryzen leaks are EXACTLY the same AdoredTVs leaks, so wouldn't surprise me if these were just from there and put as placeholders. Or could be confirmation of Adored's leaks. But I don't really see why they would have any of the details so...

I find it odd that the retail versions would have the same clocks as last years engineering sample leak. Surely engineering samples dont have final clocks.

Soldato
Really hope the 3700X turns out to be accurate. That's the sweet spot I think, and should see me through the final years of my degree, and any post-grad study I do. After that, I may be able to afford another PC!

Soldato
There's still the thing with the 3850X being released in May.
Theories anyone? Do we think it'll exist?

I'm... semi wondering if I should ensure I have about £500 on hand just in case for the 27th.
A short term special edition released during anniversary month? :D (I can dream).

Otherwise, yeah 3700X ofc.

Soldato
I think it is very likely that they have been sent information from AMD that gives this SKU data, it is too close to the Adored leak to not take it seriously. I suspect launch data might be a bit different... But at this stage I think we can reasonably expect the 12core part to boost to at least 4.8ghz. I would hope that an AMD source will leak saying it is wrong otherwise.

That said the 12 core part has to be with 2 chiplets and we need to see real world testing to find out if that causes any issues with gaming.

I do have a tiny wondering with the fact that AMD chose to only show a gaming demo with only one chiplet.

It does look super promising though.

Back
Top Bottom