• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Well technically they are all Ryzen (Ryzen 3 through 7 and the upcoming Ryzen 9 on mainstream desktop and Ryzen Threadripper on HEDT).

Well if you want to get really technical then no, they're not all Ryzen they are all Zen. Ryzen is the desktop implementation of Zen in an AM4 package featuring dual channel memory, Threadripper is a TR4 implementation featuring quad channel memory and cut down from EPYC server parts, which in turn is a data center product implementing 8-channel memory.

Associate
Well if you want to get really technical then no, they're not all Ryzen they are all Zen. Ryzen is the desktop implementation of Zen in an AM4 package featuring dual channel memory, Threadripper is a TR4 implementation featuring quad channel memory and cut down from EPYC server parts, which in turn is a data center product implementing 8-channel memory.

It's in the name.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-threadripper

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I don't know why HArdware Unboxed get any credence/airtime on this forum. They have been proven time and time again to be shills and paid for.

Also they are just salty they didn't get the leaks. And they have previous with AdoredTV. They don't get on

"Only a few days before launch that pricing is finalised"

WHAT ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. This guy clearly has no clue how a business is run!

Why don't you attack the argument, not the arguer?

There is literally no evidence they are shills.

Soldato
A lot of people are gonna be disappointed if those specs are wrong, i can see it coming. All i can see is mostly excitement and little else.

If anything is wrong with those specs I'd hope it's just the 16 core part being 12 core instead, but with the speed & clocks being correct.

Associate
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a44f4b/the_excel_spreadsheet_ryzen_leak_was_me_it_is_not/

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Also not sure if legit, but that doesn't seem to be important anyway. :o :rolleyes: :D
haha duron processors that are on that list they are like dinosaur tackle 2002 at best so got to be fake for sure .......but adored does his research very well relating to what has come before ect ect regarding tech but maybe way off on the price! the truth is some where in the middle lol

Klo

Klo

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a44f4b/the_excel_spreadsheet_ryzen_leak_was_me_it_is_not/

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Also not sure if legit, but that doesn't seem to be important anyway. :o :rolleyes: :D

haha duron processors that are on that list they are like dinosaur tackle 2002 at best so got to be fake for sure .......but adored does his research very well relating to what has come before ect ect regarding tech but maybe way off on the price! the truth is some where in the middle lol

Jim thinks that guy is just covering for his leaks and that he works for a big American competitor to OcUK. The latest rumour is that Jim's leaker is the marketing guy who just left AMD for Intel, Damien Triolet.

Associate
Jim thinks that guy is just covering for his leaks and that he works for a big American competitor to OcUK. The latest rumour is that Jim's leaker is the marketing guy who just left AMD for Intel, Damien Triolet.

It does seem likely that they are just trying to cover their behind. And regarding Jim's source.. well there is lot more he writes but here are a couple of quotes:

From the start I realized I was either being (tinfoil hat on) played by somebody at Intel, being used by AMD marketing or being fed information by somebody with an axe to grind with AMD, perhaps due to losing their job.

The information I've been given is so comprehensive and compelling that there is no chance this is just some "random troll".

A day after the video launched the leaker "came clean" with their agenda however I had already figured it out by their first comment directly after the video launched, when they made their one and only request of me during the whole episode.

And more tellingly..

They don't care about being identified. I hope this is a big hint as to the source of the leak. ;)

Associate
still think zen2 is going to be good .......more intel dirty tricks coming out down play this down play that highlight phantom problems after all who can resist all them 14nm ++++++++ the more the merrier an extra +is a bonus right lol....intel is like a 16 stone guy picking/bullying on an 8 stone guy whos a bit smarter and providing a service at a better price!

Associate
still think zen2 is going to be good .......more intel dirty tricks coming out down play this down play that highlight phantom problems after all who can resist all them 14nm ++++++++ the more the merrier an extra +is a bonus right lol....intel is like a 16 stone guy picking/bullying on an 8 stone guy whos a bit smarter and providing a service at a better price!

Reading this makes my head hurt.

Soldato

Reading this makes my head hurt.
It’s making my eyes bleed....

The ‘Intel is like a....’ is really causing me mental anguish. I’m not quite sure poor Anthony fully understands ‘compariosns’ properly!!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You fail!

It's Ryzen Threadripper
QrcNYbw.jpg

It's there three times - even on the CPU itself!

Oh, and before you try to school me on what Threadripper is or isn't, you probably should have checked my sig first!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I do hope people aren’t getting hyped up on that photo of an email. It’s going to be anticlimactic and no-doubt a whiny ****-storm when the release comes along under what was shown.

:D

I'm actually very much of the opinion the Intel folks will be sat "loud and proud" about AVX 512 score and VERY little else to blow their horn about (so... quietly crying but the usual goal post moving) but yeah, we'll see.

Soldato
I'm actually very much of the opinion the Intel folks will be sat "loud and proud" about AVX 512 score and VERY little else to blow their horn about (so... quietly crying but the usual goal post moving) but yeah, we'll see.

I hope not, Intel did serious long term damage to itself and the industry last time.

Soldato

As Ryzen, at the moment does not support AVX 512, it wouldn't be much to blow any horn about would it ? :D

Soldato
It's... rather more that the patch of ground "that matters" (if you're Intel) keeps getting smaller but the flag still gets stuck in it like it's all that matters.
currently it's single threaded 1080p gaming (as... much beyond that becomes rather less CPU dependant so AMD's "good enough" card comes into play, I'm not denying it's a definite win to Intel there currently).
At the point that goes though, I'm absolutely SURE there'll be the usual faces pointing at the new metric that "totally matters more than anything else" and that spot of ground will become the new "last bastion".

Hopefully mindshare will move enough with Zen2/Ryzen3 that Intel have little to shout about and instead have to humbly get on with actually competing.
Previous form says they'll reach into their pocket and pay folks to support them.

Back
Top Bottom