• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I buy all my silicone from America now, either in person or just get it shipped here. It works out cheaper by far. I'm sick of the gouging UK retailers. They won't get anymore of my money until they stop taking the proverbial with their pricing.

Tempted to start doing the same, getting a bit sick of the UK pricing myself. Hopefully I can snag something while I'm there.

Soldato
I buy all my silicone from America now, either in person or just get it shipped here. It works out cheaper by far. I'm sick of the gouging UK retailers. They won't get anymore of my money until they stop taking the proverbial with their pricing.

What do you use all the silicone for? Are you performing illegal breast augmentation in your basement? :p

Soldato
Nope, she made clear that the 3800x was "thee" gaming chip of the lineup.
Then then tested the 3900x against a HEDT system. NOT in gaming like the 3800x.

Im telling you. people are going to be dissapointed if they think these 12 and 16 core chips will beat the 8 core in gaming. She couldn't have been clearer. I'm assuming it's inter chiplet latency.

Not saying that you are wrong necessarily about the performance issues that may arise from multiple chiplets, but actually she wasn't clear at all about that.

Right after that PCIe gen4 bandwidth demo she says "AMD is pushing gaming beyond 8 cores and today I am so proud to introduce the new AMD ryzen 9 family...."

Caporegime
Decision made. Going to get B450 MSI Tomahawk and 16GB of 3200 DDR4 now and get the best Zen2 chip I can afford when they're available for order. Even B550 will be way more expensive than B450 and I won't benefit from PCI4.

Caporegime
Decision made. Going to get B450 MSI Tomahawk and 16GB of 3200 DDR4 now and get the best Zen2 chip I can afford when they're available for order. Even B550 will be way more expensive than B450 and I won't benefit from PCI4.

Get the Carbon. But why buy now you have 6 weeks at least wait to see what the X570 brings in terms of pricing.

Soldato
Worried the cheap B450s will sell out / become EOL.

By all accounts I'd highly doubt that the B450 boards will go anywhere until Q4 this year, they haven't got a replacement available yet (B550) and for that matter I'd expect them to continue for a while after that even, as AMD will still be selling their Zen/Zen+ CPU'd for a good while yet.

Soldato
Of course the 3800X will be 'thee' gaming chip for those that mainly game. But you know how Lisa loves gamers, and that includes content creators/streamers that will jump on the 3900X for that awesome stream quality and high quality footage.

As of Q3 2017, Twitch remained the leading livestreaming video service for video games in the US, and had an advantage over YouTube Gaming. As of May 2018, it had 2.2 million broadcasters monthly and 15 million daily active users, with around a million average concurrent users.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch.tv

I know a few streamers that are excited for the 12/16 core chips to throw into their Stream PC, though personally i think a stream PC isnt needed if you have a 12/16 core chip, i already get great quality with my 2700X.

Then there is also those that like the best of both worlds with a 1 PC setup for great gaming perf with great encoding power.

Lisa loves gamers.. all of them :)

Soldato
Waiting patiently for everyone excited about the 12 and 16 core to loose their minds as they are shown as poor gaming chips. again. Lisa clearly stressed the 3800x is the gaming chip.

Why would 12 or 16 cores ever be slower than 8 cores? I'm sure Lisa said that the 3800x is the fastest gaming chip purely because the 12 and 16 core parts are AIMED at more serious workloads. In the same way that the 2080ti is the fastest gaming GPU because the Titan RTX is AIMED at something more productive than gaming (despite the fact it's faster at gaming).

Soldato
Why would 12 or 16 cores ever be slower than 8 cores? I'm sure Lisa said that the 3800x is the fastest gaming chip purely because the 12 and 16 core parts are AIMED at more serious workloads. In the same way that the 2080ti is the fastest gaming GPU because the Titan RTX is AIMED at something more productive than gaming (despite the fact it's faster at gaming).
Because of chiplet to chiplet latency. Or something else technical above my pay grade. But mark my words. She made it clear the 12 and 16 were not gaming chips. and that the 3800x was the fastest in games.

Caporegime
Because of chiplet to chiplet latency. Or something else technical above my pay grade. But mark my words. She made it clear the 12 and 16 were not gaming chips. and that the 3800x was the fastest in games.

I don’t think she said that the 3800x was fastest in games...she said the 3800x was the gaming chip...

The 3700x will play games and so will the 3900x...

Well just have to wait on benchmarks...

Associate

15589273626066555192472065691907.jpg

12-CORE GAMING CPU

Back
Top Bottom