• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I expect the 10 core will be faster than the 12 core ;)
You mean in gaming? (because it wont be in productivity).
OK, lets assume that is the case.
How exactly will an extra 4 cores help? In gaming?
It wont.

*IF the 10 core Intel part beats the 3900x in gaming then you can be assured it would beat the 16 core part. And again this pours cold water on the theory AMD will release the 16 core part in response to Intel releasing a 10 core.

Associate
You mean in gaming? (because it wont be in productivity).
OK, lets assume that is the case.
How exactly will an extra 4 cores help? In gaming?
It wont.

*IF the 10 core Intel part beats the 3900x in gaming then you can be assured it would beat the 16 core part. And again this pours cold water on the theory AMD will release the 16 core part in response to Intel releasing a 10 core.
They did the same right now:) released 12 to compete with Intel's 8 (same price). Intel is gonna release 10, AMD 16 to counterpart and to influence minds more=better

Soldato
They did the same right now:) released 12 to compete with Intel's 8 (same price). Intel is gonna release 10, AMD 16 to counterpart and to influence minds more=better
OK, we will see.
I dont think they will.
They had to release the 12 core because the 9900k already had mindshare. so 8 core vs 8 core wasn't good enough.
The 10 core Intel part by all accounts will be DOA. So AMD's hand won't be forced. AMD have already "won" now. Look at the coverage they are getting.

Soldato
I have no idea how hard it is to see that the 16c will be released as a 3xxx part, why would they make such an effort to ensure that the motherboards that are being released for X570 can supply way more power than required for the 3900X?

Unless of course you are confirming that the Zen3/Ryzen 4xxx will be on AM4 and that the 16c will be the introduced then, making use of the board you bought 12 months ago.

Soldato
I have no idea how hard it is to see that the 16c will be released as a 3xxx part, why would they make such an effort to ensure that the motherboards that are being released for X570 can supply way more power than required for the 3900X?

Unless of course you are confirming that the Zen3/Ryzen 4xxx will be on AM4 and that the 16c will be the introduced then, making use of the board you bought 12 months ago.
Who is "confirming" anything???

This server is so bad for people trying this BS. Putting words in your mouth. At what point have I indicated I am "confirming" anything???

I. AM. SPECULATING.

nothing more. nothing less.

Soldato
Who is "confirming" anything???

This server is so bad for people trying this BS. Putting words in your mouth. At what point have I indicated I am "confirming" anything???

I. AM. SPECULATING.

nothing more. nothing less.

It was a question you failed to bother answering, why they would make boards that are so excessive in power delivery for the 3900X, and you 'speculate' that 16c will only be released with Ryzen 4xxx. So putting both of those things together means that you are 'speculating' that Ryzen 4xxx will be AM4, therefore ensuring that X570 boards are not a complete waste of money for most people. :)

Associate
In my opinion, it's great to see all these 'overkill' VRMs on the X570 motherboards and that the motherboard manufacturers are putting a decent amount of effort into Zen 2.

Soldato
Here's some speculation for you all to consider, and it ties in with the overkill VRM solution which isn't even needed for the 'normal' 16c part.

Next year AMD will shrink the I/O chiplet down to a 7nm part, leaving extra space on the CPU package/PCB, that space could be used to increase the CPU chiplets making them 12c with each CCX being 6c, and thus allowing up to 24 cores on AM4, and the need for these larger than average VRM, also meaning that AM4 has at least one more generation left in it.

I'm starting me a YouTube channel called "LovedAF-TV" :p :D

Soldato
I wonder if they will announce more SKUs before the launch date. I can't imagine there's no 8 core below the 3700X - a 45 W part with 3.0 GHz base clock would surely have a place in the market?

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if they will announce more SKUs before the launch date. I can't imagine there's no 8 core below the 2700X - a 45 W part with 3.0 GHz base clock would surely have a place in the market?

It almost already exists, I've used a few of them, R7 2700E's 45w 2.8GHz base, 4.0GHz boost, it was being tested in place of the MIA 35w i9 9900T until it was recently launched the only issue we had with it was the lack of IGPU for the SFF/1U systems, so it was decided that it had no place in the applications we were looking at.

I fully expect a 25-35w part with 8c/16t soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom