• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Soldato
I would prefer this one:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £860.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)

So pay £570 for a 12 core Ryzen that not only has 15% worse IPC, is more expensive.

That's quote an expensive motherboard as well.

Enjoy.

Would much rather have a 3900X at < £500 and the £130 motherboard below

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-56z-gi.html

Associate
You'd like to think

So pay £570 for a 12 core Ryzen that not only has 15% worse IPC, is more expensive.

That's quote an expensive motherboard as well.

Enjoy.
I was about to comment on that, unless you want 4 channel memory, isnt the 3900X better? Sorry I dont know too much about TR.

Permabanned
Soldato
You can't upgrade to a 24-core or 32-core. For a TR4 board, the price is pretty low, TBH.

Well at £369 the 2920x price is good. Still would prefer not to spend £280 on a motherboard for which I won't use half the features of.

It does also lack IPC which currently makes it suffer in gaming.

Soldato
It's quite possible. Zen 2 FPUs will be more power hungry than previous generations.

I take it you don't own a current Ryzen then ? There isn't a cat in hell's chance that any AMD cpu released tomorrow will pull more power or current than previous gens. What will certainly pull more power and current is the 3950x released in September.

Soldato
Crosshair VII Hero Wifi has a new updated BIOS released today. Just throwing it out there in case you have one (has yesterday's date but it was not there earlier)

Some one on the AMD subreddit has gotten his hands on a 3600 and seems to be having problems with the latest BIOS on his Crosshair VII being fully of bugs.

Associate
Some one on the AMD subreddit has gotten his hands on a 3600 and seems to be having problems with the latest BIOS on his Crosshair VII being fully of bugs.
I havent installed it yet since I will have to do Flashback and I dont feel like unplugging stuff from my PC atm. I guess I'll leave the one I installed last week which is the version before that for now.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
^^^^yep it's buggy... a lot on old agesa etc are working but buggy.

So for those of us who are on X370/B350/X470/B450, is it best to just wait rather than buy tomorrow?

Bear in mind I'm not interested in overclocking any more, so whatever I end up getting (or not) will only be run at stock with whatever AMD's own XFR/PBO settings do, nothing manual

Soldato
Wouldn’t expect anything less. As 8pack himself said, though it should be obvious, mb vendors will be focusing their efforts on the X570 bios. I imagine the bios revisions they are throwing out for x370/x470 boards will be semi rush jobs. They’ll get round to tidying them up I’m sure but it’ll take time.

OcUK Staff
So for those of us who are on X370/B350/X470/B450, is it best to just wait rather than buy tomorrow?

Bear in mind I'm not interested in overclocking any more, so whatever I end up getting (or not) will only be run at stock with whatever AMD's own XFR/PBO settings do, nothing manual
They work so all good...

Back
Top Bottom