• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

Permabanned
Sorry but what? Overall responsivness of the system IM gonna use @humbug Becouse its christams and i know he has a 3600:). But i bet his 3600 vs my 3900x on a system you could't tell the differnce on day to day things at all only time you can relly tell the differnce is we both try something that uses our cores heavly.

The post did say if all was equal going for less cores is better and it is. even a 2700 vs 3600 is complex becouse 3600 is much faster per core yes if all cores are 100% a 2700 will eek out a win but everything else that 3600 is simply faster. Now its also a cheaper launch price so why go for a 2700 over a 3600? And chrome really doesn't eat cores for breakfast it loves ram not cores and the benifits in chrome you get from faster cores is next to 0% notice for the end user.

i have a 2400g used for a plex machine with ssd and 16 gb of ram and i cant tell the differnce on that system using normal programs vs my 3900x chrome etc run really fast that my 3900x doesn't feel like its adavantge. I did say feel like it is not that benchmarks will show my 3900x is 2.75x as fast to load pages.

One last thing and ive allways wanted to know everytime i see one of your posts. Are you sure you don't work for intels marketing deparment? allways just wondered:)

From my rich and lengthy experience, I can tell you my law. Take it as the @4K8KW10's Law:

Number of desired cores for a future proofed system = Number of cores on mainstream notebooks Times/Multiplied by 3.

So, if your wide spread notebook has 4-cores/8-threads, you need to multiply these figures by 3 and you will get how many cores you need for your desktop PC.
Result: 12-core/24-thread.

This comes from the fact that I previously had a 2-core Core 2 Duo notebook, and 4-core Core 2 Quad desktop.
Year 2008. In year 2011, or 3 years later the 4-core Core 2 Quad began lagging and stuttering. Heavily stuttering. Bought for $350 in 2008.

This Law is similar to Moore's Law which states that the transistor quantity should double every 2 years.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From my rich and lengthy experience, I can tell you my law. Take it as the @4K8KW10's Law
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I have heard it all now!

From my rich and lengthy experience, I can tell you my law. Take it as the @4K8KW10's Law:

Number of desired cores for a future proofed system = Number of cores on mainstream notebooks Times/Multiplied by 3.

So, if your wide spread notebook has 4-cores/8-threads, you need to multiply these figures by 3 and you will get how many cores you need for your desktop PC.

This comes from the fact that I previously had a 2-core Core 2 Duo notebook, and 4-core Core 2 Quad desktop.
Year 2008. In year 2011, or 3 years later the 4-core Core 2 Quad began lagging and stuttering. Heavily stuttering. Bought for $350 in 2008.

This Law is similar to Moore's Law which states that the transistor quantity should double every 2 years.

Let me quote the full thing too just in case. This guy is something else :D

TrM

TrM

Associate

thats gonan keep me laughing for quite a while.

4k8kw10 law :)

Soldato

didn’t realise they ever made 1.333 core laptop CPUs

Permabanned
didn’t realise they ever made 1.333 core laptop CPUs

Where does the 1.333 figure come from? In the above formula, the notebook CPU cores are used as a starting point with the help of which you can calculate how many cores your desktop PC would be best with.

Soldato
RAM has a relatively small impact on performance in normal scenarios. Plus o would have thought most of gamers are still on 8gb ram, 3770k quad cores, gtx 1060 level graphics card and the 1080p screens - it's not hard to beat this.

now compare it to a next gen console: 16gb DRAM plus X amount of ReRAM, ryzen 3700 8 core 16 thread, rtx2070 super graphics and 4K screen output

Soldato
Isn't the Xbox Scarlett already lacking in RAM? It seems as if it will have 16GB, there's already PC games needing 12-16GB RAM as well as 6+GB VRAM on top. Only just saw that.

It will be fine because console games will be much more optimised and the OS wont be utilising near as much as what it does with Windows. 16GB would be fine for this gen with likely a jump to 32GB next gen.

Soldato
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I have heard it all now!

Let me quote the full thing too just in case. This guy is something else :D

Oh Lordy, he's in here advising people what to buy/run/build when his last desktop was 2008 and probably didn't build it. What I dropped down the toilet pan this morning, will have forgotten more about PC's, than 4k8k will EVER 'know' about PC's. Should be banned. Doing the same in the GFX card forum too and equally ridiculed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh Lordy, he's in here advising people what to buy/run/build when his last desktop was 2008 and probably didn't build it. What I dropped down the toilet pan this morning, will have forgotten more about PC's, than 4k8k will EVER 'know' about PC's. Should be banned. Doing the same in the GFX card forum too and equally ridiculed.
Yeah. But no matter what so many people tell him, his brain says we are trolls and he knows better as he has a “rich and lengthy experience”. Lol.

I wonder what he would call my experience then, as I have A LOT more than he does, he does not even have small percentage of mine based on what he described his as. But you know, 4K8K knows best. Deluded :p

Associate
I tried to stay out of this as I hate having a go but after reading 4K8KW10's last post, I think we need a crowdfunder for him so that he can build a decent rig and experience something that isn't a notebook. I have never read such nonsense.

Soldato
I tried to stay out of this as I hate having a go but after reading 4K8KW10's last post, I think we need a crowdfunder for him so that he can build a decent rig and experience something that isn't a notebook. I have never read such nonsense.

I had to put them on ignore a good while ago. 99.95% of what is produced seems to be eye bleeding and brain hurtingly wrong. Tis even worse when they end up in the newbie forum and telling people what to build and giving them specs, it is literally wasting other peoples money if they think what is being written is correct. :(

Associate
I had to put them on ignore a good while ago. 99.95% of what is produced seems to be eye bleeding and brain hurtingly wrong. Tis even worse when they end up in the newbie forum and telling people what to build and giving them specs, it is literally wasting other peoples money if they think what is being written is correct. :(

Ah looks like he is gone !! That will save my sanity.

Permabanned
It is us who is to blame. We all already know what he is like yet we continue to reply and react.

Anyway looking forward to Ryzen 3. I don’t normally upgrade for the sake of it but I’ll most likely replace the 3600 for whatever seems the best bang for buck again.

Back
Top Bottom