• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

Soldato
That's for new high end GPU's, 5800X / 5900X.
Yes, but why on earth in a cribs notes pointer heading for a forthcoming meeting would you reveal a wishy washy launch date, instead of make that part of the presentation?
Are we sure that list of things isn't all balls, and is legit?

Caporegime
Yes, but why on earth in a cribs notes pointer heading for a forthcoming meeting would you reveal a wishy washy launch date, instead of make that part of the presentation?
Are we sure that list of things isn't all balls, and is legit?

I don't know, we will know in about 7 hours.

If it is i'm guessing RDNA2 high performance GPU's depends on a lot of things, for example AMD don't make as much money on their GPU's as they do CPU's so one will take priority and they can only make as many chips as TSMC can produce wafers for them.

Ryzen are selling like they are made from solid gold.

Soldato
Really think AMD need to hit the nail in further. Force Intel to have to innovate with their products. Delaying gen 4.. might be better ROI, but they also need to win the market and become the only option for a time. Remind people they are out there... Show up in chain stores etc.

Soldato
More rumours at CES!!

2SSWTmA.jpg

http://www.hwbattle.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=news&wr_id=141804

Edit!!

Ryzen 4000 APUs might be using TSMC N7+ High Density Libraries:
https://twitter.com/TechnicallyLog1/status/1213564706713165825

So AMD is going to use a 7NM EUV node??

according to that all amd will do is talk about zen 3 timeframes but no products or dates. As per the other rumours then. Ryzen 4000 desktop doesn't look like it's ready for launch till end of he year or next year

Soldato
according to that all amd will do is talk about zen 3 timeframes but no products or dates. As per the other rumours then. Ryzen 4000 desktop doesn't look like it's ready for launch till end of he year or next year

Tbh a November ish release of Ryzen makes sense for this year based on what has released when this current Gen. With that why are we all using what appears to be a fake keynote listing as source of any info. It was posted like two days ago with the same spelling mistakes in it etc.

Soldato
AMD need to get their APU's sorted, they kind of seem to be in no mans land.
No RDNA APU's seems urgh.

How about give them a chance to launch something. They've got so many other 7nm products to deal with presently, and have been pushing out new products almost continuously for 6+ months.

APU's do need some love, or a lot of love, especially in the laptop segment 15-25w APU's will be the killer product to displace Intel in volume in the mobile market, but they need to do it once and do it right. No pint in rushing something out, and ending up with problems, as the big OEM's aren't going to like BIOS issues, and AGESA updates being needed left, right and centre.

Soldato
Tbh a November ish release of Ryzen makes sense for this year based on what has released when this current Gen. With that why are we all using what appears to be a fake keynote listing as source of any info. It was posted like two days ago with the same spelling mistakes in it etc.

Well it was partially correct. Zen 3 was not shown. I never expected them to. I couldn't see why theyd shown off Zen 3 which would start killing off sales of existing Ryzen 3000 series that is selling so well, and they are still launching new Zen 2 CPu's as we speak.

Soldato
How about give them a chance to launch something. They've got so many other 7nm products to deal with presently, and have been pushing out new products almost continuously for 6+ months.

APU's do need some love, or a lot of love, especially in the laptop segment 15-25w APU's will be the killer product to displace Intel in volume in the mobile market, but they need to do it once and do it right. No pint in rushing something out, and ending up with problems, as the big OEM's aren't going to like BIOS issues, and AGESA updates being needed left, right and centre.

Yeah. Pretty much my thoughts.

Associate
Are AMD still committed to letting you use the same motherboard when upgrading the CPU? I've got a 7700k and probably would have upgraded it since purchase if i didnt have to buy a new board.

I think my next upgrade will be AMD

Soldato
Are AMD still committed to letting you use the same motherboard when upgrading the CPU? I've got a 7700k and probably would have upgraded it since purchase if i didnt have to buy a new board.

I think my next upgrade will be AMD

Yes but it depends.

2021 is AM5 end of story, so the answer you are looking for is: if ryzen 4000 is out before 2021 it's AM4 if it's in 2021 it's AM5

Associate
Yes but AM4 is nearing its end, AM5 will be 2021/2022 and a brand new socket with DDR5.

Yes but it depends.

2021 is AM5 end of story, so the answer you are looking for is: if ryzen 4000 is out before 2021 it's AM4 if it's in 2021 it's AM5

Good to know... im not in a rush (need a new GPU first) dont want to box myself in like i have done with my 7700k

Thanks

Caporegime
Good to know... im not in a rush (need a new GPU first) dont want to box myself in like i have done with my 7700k

Thanks

Yup a well-clocked 7700k should just do you til AM5 imo (devs are super-slow when scaling for moar cores), then you'll be set with a new socket and upgrade path (just make sure you get a quality mobo from a manufacturer known for supporting future cpu's) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom