• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Switched out from my "old" Intel 12700K / Z690 DDR4 setup to a nice shiny new 7600 / B650 DDR5 build. Mainly so I can drop in a cpu upgrade in the future (3D cache when then become justifiable for me). Overall bundle cost was "only" a little over £500 which for AM5 is pretty good. Went for the B650 Gaming X board as it has all the features I needed and in the most recent HUB roundup did really well from a VRM point of view. No RGB on board but that is fine as my system is nearly a black out build anyway.

So far after an initial 'oh no it isn't posting' its now running spot on with the ram at its rated 6000C36 EXPO speeds - still need to tweak these but fine for now. The main purpose of my desktop is to act as an ARC test bench and I am pleased to say performance with the ARC A770 Bi Frost is basically identical to that seen on the 12700K system ( @ 5.3/4.0).

Need to play around with it a lot more but as it stands I am really enjoying it.

Soldato
Dumb question about the 7000s... if I have an nvidia gpu, can I still install the onboard graphics drivers and use that to power my non-gaming monitors? Not sure if it will have issues with both sets of drivers, or if it's even worth doing really, but interested to know. Maybe it saves a bit of vram and gains a few fps if youtube is running on another screen? :)

Back
Top Bottom