• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

eh how can the cpu alone use more power than the cpu and igpu, that seems very wrong
Its system power - so maybe the cpu alone uses dgpu. Dont know but all the numbers in power draw seem very sus, the 11900k sips power according to the graphs while the 3700x is up there. Probably flawed testing

Last edited:
Its system power - so maybe the cpu alone uses dgpu. Dont know but all the numbers in power draw seem very sus, the 11900k sips power according to the graphs while the 3700x is up there. Probably flawed testing

yeah need to hold and see what they are like tomorrow when the nda lifts, not long now, anticipation is killing me

Last edited:
It's very good at showing how fast multi core CPUs can render 2D tiles.

It's great how the debate rages on, when we are 1 day away from seeing actual reviews :cry:

What its actually doing is converting a 3D ray-cast scene into a 2D image taking lighting and shading into account, its not too dissimilar to what a CPU might do in a game.

Last edited:
It's weird how AMD hasn't confirmed yet if 7950X can be run with a high end air cooler, at the stated boost clocks.

I'm guessing that it will be marginal, and that getting a 7900X instead will be a better match for air coolers.

Last edited:
With benchmark leaking, it seems like Zen 3's issues with floating point performance scaling in 5900X/5950X are now completely gone, as expected this is likely due to DDR5 and of course better power delivery to these chips. Shows that Zen 3 uarch was actually being held back by external factors. 7900X can push ahead of 5950X in some MT workloads if they're saturating memory bandwidth.

I'm not planning to upgrade this generation (my 5800X will serve me well until Zen 5 when AM5 motherboard and DDR5 prices are much more reasonable), but damn this is very tempting. AMD 7950X will be both a ST and MT king. Can't wait for proper reviews!

Last edited:

Entire thing

With benchmark leaking, it seems like Zen 3's issues with floating point performance scaling in 5900X/5950X are now completely gone, as expected this is likely due to DDR5 and of course better power delivery to these chips. Shows that Zen 3 uarch was actually being held back by external factors. 7900X can push ahead of 5950X in some MT workloads if they're saturating memory bandwidth.

I'm not planning to upgrade this generation (my 5800X will serve me well until Zen 5 when AM5 motherboard and DDR5 prices are much more reasonable), but damn this is very tempting. AMD 7950X will be both a ST and MT king. Can't wait for proper reviews!
Was time for an upgrade after 2 years with zen3.
still use a 5 year old vega56 playing at 1440p
but I wait for the rdna3 for the BIG upgrade :D
The games I play works great.
just thinks zen4 looks awesome technically

b6ff33d210a9ac5d84a3201aa86d50b0df7a5d36ae12a57b0384e970676767a4.png

fffceceff0f1b615a8d7f082dc191c396f6288d19aef498d7b19c784299ff493.png

Mind having a link?

eh how can the cpu alone use more power than the cpu and igpu, that seems very wrong

Everything seems very wrong

First of all the spread of framerate is way too tight in the games - suggests that he is using a weak graphics card and is basically GPU limited, it's especially odd when he shows a 3700x running games faster than a 7950x

Secondly the power draw makes no sense, I can almost gaurantee there is no way that a 3900x and 3800x is using more power than the 170w TDP 7950x yet that's what that chart claims

Back
Top Bottom