• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

And how's the market at the moment? The last time I built a decent PC a couple years back it took several months to get components. Are these CPUs likely to be selling out straight away?

I don't know, they might, AMD have said they have plenty of stock but if people like what they see in reviews 2000 of them might fly out the door in the first couple of hours.

So, no idea...

Last edited:
I don't know, they might, AMD have said they have plenty of stock but if people like what they see in reviews 2000 of them might fly out the door in the first couple of hours.

So, no idea...
I doubt demand will be as high as zen 3 considering that anyone buying will need a full platform upgrade and these are difficult times financially for a lot of people.

You are making this up, you have zero idea of teh performance figures for Zen 4 3D or Zen 5 which is a totally new architecure with apparently double teh core count across teh board. It is fine if you do not like AMD, that is your perogative and i rteally do not care, please though stop constantly derailing AMD threads with your pro Intel rhetoric, it is really boring.Unless you are Mystic Meg you do not knwo the future so please stop pretending that you do.
Saying that raptorlake is DOA when literally the 13600k is almost double the performance of the 7600x isn't pro amd rhetoric and doesn't bother you, right? If you stop the pro amd nonsense, ill stop replying with pro intel facts. Up to you

I doubt demand will be as high as zen 3 considering that anyone buying will need a full platform upgrade and these are difficult times financially for a lot of people.
I think you might be right, you only have to look at the level of interest on here, I'm sure previous launches have generated way more discussion than this.

Why wouldn't they stay on track they showed the road map

As my primary is gaming my preference would be AMD as you may already have seen 3d gives nice uplift in gaming and zen5 will also be getting it

So you already know the performance of zen5 I guess the bias is just astonishing
I don't need to know the performance of zen 5. I know that the 13600k is almost twice as fast as the 7600x. Meaning you will need to upgrade it faster than you need to upgrade the 13600k. Meaning the mobo upgradability is useless - since youll need 1 extra CPU upgrade that you won't need with the 13600k cause...it's twice as fast. With that extra money you can go buy a new fresh motherboard. It's just basic math

Last edited:
with regard to raptor lake to get the full potential out of it you will need the z790 series as that i read a while back has the option to enable rage mode (plus z790 vrm's will be build like a tank) which will let the cpu push past zen4, i very much doubt low to mid range z690 will handle a full boar raptor chip with out vrm's getting very hot, and top end z690 will struggle, lets not forget you cannot make a apples to apples comparison between zen 4 and alder/raptor lake because intel dont have any cpus that are built in any way to amd's, sure if amd brought out a p/e core chip's fair enough we would see who was the best but all this talk of 6/12 vs 14/20 is nonsense, of course the intel chip is going to win it has more cores.

this is a amd thread, apologies for going off topic, getting back on topic super hyped for the reviews later and hopefully x670/e pricing will not be silly as leaks have shown, my wallet is prepared in anycase

Last edited:
I don't need to know the performance of zen 5. I know that the 13600k is almost twice as fast as the 7600x. Meaning you will need to upgrade it faster than you need to upgrade the 13600k. Meaning the mobo upgradability is useless - since youll need 1 extra CPU upgrade that you won't need with the 13600k cause...it's twice as fast. With that extra money you can go buy a new fresh motherboard. It's just basic math

46% faster in multi and 12% slower in single threading is not "almost twice as fast".

You missed my point my preference is gaming and not sure if you missed it the 3d cache gives some uplift in gaming and am5 minimum will be getting 2 upgrades of it zen4 and zen5 will both be getting it

And if someone wanted massive uptake in multi core work loads the 7950x is looking like a beast and you will also be getting another drop in upgrade with zen 5

Where did you get these numbers from? The 13600k is supposed to score over 24k in cbr23, compared to 14.5k on the 7600x.

A valid geekbench report that is the source for a number of articles on the matter.

Article in question

While we are pitting the Core i5-13600K against different CPUs, we would be remiss not to include the chip’s Zen 4 rival in our comparisons. Per a Geekbench entry for the Ryzen 5 7600X that appeared last week, the Core i5-13600K is apparently 12% slower in single-core workloads with a score of 1,909. However, the roles are reversed in the multi-core benchmark where the Core i5-13600K is an astounding 41% faster than the Ryzen 5 7600X with scores of 16,064 and 11,369 respectively. The multi-core improvements of the Raptor Lake CPU over the Zen 4 chip are likely the result of a much better core count in favor of the Intel processor (6 vs 14 cores).

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16966070 - 7600x bench from the same source

Last edited:
You missed my point my preference is gaming and not sure if you missed it the 3d cache gives some uplift in gaming and am5 minimum will be getting 2 upgrades of it zen4 and zen5 will both be getting it

And if someone wanted massive uptake in multi core work loads the 7950x is looking like a beast and you will also be getting another drop in upgrade with zen 5
Well sure but there is no 3d right now. The comparison is the 7600x / 7700x vs the 13600k,and amd loses massively on every possible way.

Back
Top Bottom