• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Associate
See this post for the good stuff!

Associate
Anyone see the Der8auer delidding? 20C drop from direct die watercooling.

Haven't delidded since a 3570k, and one of the things I liked about AMD was not having to due to solder.

He says to maintain Z height for am4 compatibility, the IHS is made thicker. In the end, it doesn't even matter as many coolers aren't compatible out the box yet.

Soldato
All the reviews today are semi garbage they will all need to be redone using a rtx4090 is 2 weeks

For gaming yes, but for workloads nope. I'm judging the cpu performance increase in real world workloads not games as to me makes no difference at the resolutions I use and not using 720p and 1080p they like to test at and anything above that (1440p/4k) cpus show no real world changes.

Last edited:
Associate
This might be of interest to you. I will assume the 7950X will be a bit faster too, but not found any other testing of this game yet.
Z18Bbe8.jpg

I have not fully disected the results difference between this and Linus review so might want to take a close look before drawing conclusions.

To be fair, I don't think you can go wrong with a 5800X3D, especially if you are already on AM4.

MSFS scales with clock speed. Linus is using a KS. Gets better scores with the KS. Straight forward.

Suspended
I couldn't understand their results, didn't realise they only tested with a 3080.

When they did Zen 3 review they were the only ones who had the 10900K faster in games, i think they used a 2080 for that one, when everyone on their forum was like WTF??? And asked them to do it with a faster GPU they did it with a 2080Ti but still had the 10900K ahead.

Now look at these reviews, the 10900K is now behind the Zen 3 CPU's.

I've been saying it for years, there is something off about TPU's CPU reviews, its a bit UserBenchmark.

Last edited:
Soldato
When they did Zen 3 review they were the only ones who had the 10900K faster in games, i think they used a 2080 for that one, when everyone on their forum was like WTF??? And asked them to do it with a faster GPU they did it with a 2080Ti but still had the 10900K ahead.

Now look at these reviews, the 10900K is now behind the Zen 3 CPU's.

I've been saying it for years, there is something off about TPU's CPU reviews, its a bit UserBenchmark.
They use the latest games and not some crap like cs go and such (hwunboxed, wink wink). Wiz (the guy that does the reviews) explained it in the 7600x review comments. He said, basically, that he could choose other games and make amd look faster, but what he does is pick the latest games like farcry 6 and such.

Soldato
ECO mode is not stock, but it can be applied with a click of a button in Ryzen Master Tool. I just thought you might like the efficiency of it.
Just to clarify, according to TPU there is no eco mode right now for zen 4. Everyone who supposedly tested eco mode manually put limits in the bios (probaly with amd;s guidelines i assume). So no eco mode with a click of a button ;)

Back
Top Bottom