• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
So basically, the 6 core chips are good but the 6 core chips from the previous gen offer a better bang/buck, the 8 core chip is the sweet spot but the 3D version next year will be better, and the 12/16 core chips are kinda scam-ish. Essentially the 7000 series story is the same as the 5000 series story was xD
I'd actually say the 12 and 16 cores are the real winners, the 6 and 8 core are ok but pricey and lose to intels cheaper 12th gen parts and the 5800X3D in some scenarios.

Caporegime
Fun finding is that pretty much all the reviews you saw today were done on configurations that would put you out of warranty. Configurations sent via the review guides and kits by the vendor itself. New trend incoming.

unknown.png

I the info bubble, that's just warring you about the warranty IF you overclock, i mean reviewers do overclocks too but that also voids Intel's warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm curious, has anyone decided that they definitely won't buy a B650/B650E motherboard, and will only consider a X670 motherboard?

If so, what would put you off getting a B650 motherboard?
I would say me but purely cause I want to select my next motherboard based on its features:
3+ built in m.2 slots
10gb network (yes I do ned it and I already have a 10gb switch)
3 PCI-e Slots (GFX/Sound Card/M2 addon or 10gb if not available onboard)
Stability and overclocking headroom as I will be watercooling

I've always had good experience with Asus and the ROG Hero boards which are now the x679 equivalent so I'll be staying on that level.

MSI MEG Ace currently has my eye but I saw it might be a £900 board so that would be a big no no.

Soldato
That's the one from club386 right? Thanks, that's the one im talking about. The 12900k at stock is more efficient than the 7950x at stock, LOL XD

38004/230 = 165p / watt
23976/125 = 191p / watt

Thanks a lot man
125watt isn't stock, not in that chart. expect they using PL241 to get "stock" which is why it has a setting.

If you take the PL125watt for Intel and 125watt for AMD and try again yeah?

36130/125 = 289p/watt
23976/125 = 191p/watt

Now what? Also the stock is 170watt.
38291/170 = 225p/watt

Soldato
Fun finding is that pretty much all the reviews you saw today were done on configurations that would put you out of warranty. Configurations sent via the review guides and kits by the vendor itself. New trend incoming.

unknown.png

I thought you were well versed in this? Even Intel who make K chips for over clocking specifically said this, and they even went on to sell a warranty for it at one point.

Associate
I thought you were well versed in this? Even Intel who make K chips for over clocking specifically said this, and they even went on to sell a warranty for it at one point.

Pay attention to the part where the Expo was part of the review guidance and kits. Now tell me which reviewers told you running this configuration voids warranty.

Soldato
Memory overclocking always voids warranty on Intel and AMD, but no one cares because no one knows that you overclocked and no one asks, when you do an RMA they don't even ask

Soldato

unknown.png

Pretty sure that isn't anything new and how would they know it was overclocked ?

Undervolting seems to be the way to go anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what he's on about, my 5950x system feels very snappy and smooth even over a year after my last windows install and I noticed no difference when I switched from Intel to amd

Caporegime
Not sure what he's on about, my 5950x system feels very snappy and smooth even over a year after my last windows install and I noticed no difference when I switched from Intel to amd

I guess its a bit like me thinking a 75Hz screen was fine, whats the problem? It feels great, how can it be better than this?

Until i upgraded to a 165Hz screen.... oooooh..... right now i get it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Do Intel usually ship their own souped up ram kits to reviewers then specify these have to be used on the CPU reviews though?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom