• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

You make a compelling point on the HT threads.
Is star citizen the game you were talking about? The 13900k does fine, but with ecores off. He doesn't test with them on sadly, he just compared it to the 7800x 3d

Is star citizen the game you were talking about? The 13900k does fine, but with ecores off. He doesn't test with them on sadly, he just compared it to the 7800x 3d

Good video thanks.

Yes, the game runs perfectly good with E-Cores off, i thought i made that clear? :)

Looks like Intel know about it now so it should get fixed, soon hopefully, with 4.6 million Star Citizens its in their interest....

Last edited:
Good video thanks.

Yes, the game runs perfectly good with E-Cores off, i thought i made that clear? :)

Looks like Intel know about it now so it should get fixed, soon hopefully, with 4.6 million Star Citizens its in their interest....

Can you tell that guy that he can just press Scroll Lock and disable the ecores while WITHIN windows? It pains me to see people disabling them from the bios, lol

Good video thanks.

4.6 million

Wow, it's so easy to scam people these days

No joke BTW, well, kinda, i was dared to change my name to Greta Humbug and rename my flagship to How Dare You.

I'm also serious, Grim, come and join me....

cUvRuto.jpg

The 7600 can currently be had for £218.99 plus a free game. Seems like decent value to me and competes with the 5800X3D. I own both of them.

6 core CPU's just choke on some modern games, such as Cyberpunk with RT. Horrible experience, stuttering etc. I've posted evidence of this all over the forum previously. Popped in a 7700 instead of a 7600, no more stuttering.

Having less cores than consoles is not an intelligent decision.

6 core CPU's just choke on some modern games, such as Cyberpunk with RT. Horrible experience, stuttering etc. I've posted evidence of this all over the forum previously. Popped in a 7700 instead of a 7600, no more stuttering.

That's fine as a) I find CP2077 to be quite boring and b) I don't use RT. Interestingly Jedi Survivor seems to run fine so far. By the time it's an issue I'll have dropped in an 8800X3D or whatever it will be called. YMMV of course.

TLOU is a much bigger offender than cyberpunk is. It really maxes out my 12900k, and when I tried the game on a 3700x, oh boy. Besides the shader compilation which took like more than 2 hours, the game was really maxing out all 8 cores on the 3700x and ended up not ideally responsive.

That's fine as a) I find CP2077 to be quite boring and b) I don't use RT. Interestingly Jedi Survivor seems to run fine so far. By the time it's an issue I'll have dropped in an 8800X3D or whatever it will be called. YMMV of course.

Cyberpunk is just one example, out of many.

TLOU is a much bigger offender than cyberpunk is. It really maxes out my 12900k, and when I tried the game on a 3700x, oh boy. Besides the shader compilation which took like more than 2 hours, the game was really maxing out all 8 cores on the 3700x and ended up not ideally responsive.
Not tried TLOU yet, it's on my list!

I played the same Source games for years on the same ivy bridge i5, it wasn't until Hitman was out, that game felt terrible and low and behold some cores were at 99%, so I upgraded.

Shouldn't the same thing show up when playing Cyberpunk 6C vs 8C? Are there any videos of this happening at 1440p in any game that isn't a tech demo or in early access?

A console has Zen 2, but if you have Zen 4/5 you have more ipc and it just 'sorts itself out' thread wise?

Last edited:
I played the same Source games for years on the same ivy bridge i5, it wasn't until Hitman was out, that game felt terrible and low and behold some cores were at 99%, so I upgraded.

Shouldn't the same thing show up when playing Cyberpunk 6C vs 8C? Are there any videos of this happening at 1440p in any game that isn't a tech demo or in early access?

A console has Zen 2, but if you have Zen 4/5 you have more ipc and it just 'sorts itself out' thread wise?
Spiderman (both of them), cyberpunk, TLOU are the ones that come to mid that 6 cores are kinda struggling

Spiderman (both of them), cyberpunk, TLOU are the ones that come to mid that 6 cores are kinda struggling
Agreed, and at least three of those are fine if you turn RT off. Even turning RT to a lower setting might make it playable, in Spider-Man at least. TLOU I’m not sure about tbf since they improved performance.

Last edited:
How does a CPU get bottlenecked if all threads are below 99% usage though? Are there any videos showing a 7600 with any thread running at 99%? Until I see this I'm still on the 6 core train with 7600 or 8600 next year.

AMD has made it difficult to find things due to having a CPU and GPU with the same name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom