• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
well...i am a legal drug dealer ;)
fully licenced by the general medical council lol

Well this much I had a feeling. You got any Copium I can have, gonna resell it in an Intel thread? :p

Any how, I just spent the morning diagnosing the actual issue, and as I type this on my epic 2200G, everything seems OK so my 5700G is toast or it looks that way anyhow. I thought it was the VRM on the board, which it still could be, so need to thrash this a bit to see if I am getting on the AM5 train. Get ready for that Choo Choo....

Man of Honour
Well this much I had a feeling. You got any Copium I can have, gonna resell it in an Intel thread? :p
i got these? :cry:

l0F4LGQ.jpeg

Any how, I just spent the morning diagnosing the actual issue, and as I type this on my epic 2200G, everything seems OK so my 5700G is toast or it looks that way anyhow.
ah yes the 2200g, the best apu for troubleshooting AM4 (i keep one just in case too lol)

Soldato
Sounds like the new Epyc is end of the year but still expecting ZEN 5 to be announced at Computex and launched no more then 6-8 weeks later. Total guess though
Yup thats what I think too.

And I dont think there will be any waiting for X3D chips, if I remember correctly, 7000 series chips with X3D chips coming later on was just a big balls up, this time round they plan on releasing all of the SKUs at the same time, hence the long wait, X3D chips are a completely different manufacturing process with the 3D cache built on, so its not really like theres any binning process between normal Zen5 and X3D Zen 5, and on top of that, they are already possibly floating around in the form of the new Epyc AM5 chips with 3D Cache, so they could have been binning the 3D cache CCD's a long time ago.

it will be Ryzen 10K (zen 6) towards the end of next year / beginning of 2026, and that will be the end of the line for AM5, thats already been spoken about, so even if there is a delay on X3d chips, its definately not going to be June 2025 and then 6 months later release Zen 6.

Source, jump to 4:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXf3v4WYJA`

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom