• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Mods, I'd like to to hope it'll get better on this thread thread as well... can you make an 'It gets better' thread and move all relevant posts there?

Soldato
You really think that? In the United Kingdom, you are entitled to 28 days annual paid leave by law. In the United States, you are entitled to none.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country

But hey, maybe slaves get all the holidays. :p

And as a contractor who isn't entitled to paid holidays, I rather prefer to earn more than twice as much than a permanent employee of the same position, and having not to be paid for my holidays.

Is just simple arithmetic.

Last edited:
Soldato

For you to stop suffering like that :rolleyes: you should sell everything, move to a cave, and live by your own means. Everything you see around you have been manufactured by all sorts of people.

You do not know who picked your vegetables and made your food, who build your house and car, or produced the electricity and clothes. :)

<suddenly Britain's available power capacity grew substantially> :D

Soldato
And as a contractor who isn't entitled to paid holidays, I rather prefer to earn more than twice as much than a permanent employee of the same position, and having not to be paid for my holidays.

Is just simple arithmetic.

Your remuneration is irrelevant. You compared the UK to the USA and implied that the USA treats their employees with "genuine care" and that the UK treats it's employees "like slaves building the pyramids". A condescending response from you, informing us that you work with no entitled holiday break, does nothing to support your original claim.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Let's get back on topic.

Yes, we could move all the posts discussing the LGBT video if that's what you want, it'd save this thread from massive deletions, however if we could just move on that'd be better.

Any leaked specs or launch dates yet?

Soldato
I'm optimistic that retail Zens will come with the Wraith or similar decent stock cooler. Would save me getting upsold into spending 100 quid on an overkill AIO radiator and I can funnel that money into Vega instead ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Still, I'd assumed they would disable broken cores on 8 core parts to make 6 core parts, like they've done with previous CPUs. Bit disappointing. Even though an 8c/8t chip will be better than what I have now, it'll still be a bit annoying to actually drop the number of virtual cores.

Soldato
I'm optimistic that retail Zens will come with the Wraith or similar decent stock cooler. Would save me getting upsold into spending 100 quid on an overkill AIO radiator and I can funnel that money into Vega instead ;)

Yeah I agree on that.
Especially since EK won't have their new AIO solutions ready before April it seems. :(

However need to find what to do about graphics card. The Nano will remain with the 6700K and it's Predator loop until Vega comes out. And the whole package goes to my brother, for free.

Associate
Even if 8C/8T is overall better than 6C/12T, it doesn't feel great buying artificially gimped product (SMT feature disabled) :(

That is understandable, but if it's unavoidable, I'd still take a 'gimped product' over no competition.

What I mean is, there's been a lot of rumours about Zen's design being tied to packages of four, making a 6C/12T variation impossible. If that is true, then Intel would have no competition at that segment, as AMD would have a gap, jumping from 4C/8T to 8C/16T.

If that is truly the case, I'd welcome a 8C/8T variation even if it's 'gimped'. I'd just expect it to be priced accordingly.

EDIT: I'd assume they'd probably also make a 4C/4T variant in that case.

Permabanned
For you to stop suffering like that :rolleyes: you should sell everything, move to a cave, and live by your own means. Everything you see around you have been manufactured by all sorts of people.

I already found a nice cave. It even has a lovely 40" LCD (Limestone Cave Drawing) :D

Alright, enough jokes (note that I put " /s " in that first post, which means sarcasm).

Really looking forward to Zen/Ryzen. Been with Intel for ages and I would like to change that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom