• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato

Interestingly enough you can actually see the CPU-Z bit at the beginning.

So we have a potential fake and another person who decided to test a 65W TDP R7 1700 against a 91W TDP Core i7 7700K,so we have no clue what the real clockspeeds the R7 was running at either.

Is it so hard for them to just set both CPUs to a fixed clockspeed to see what the IPC is like?? :p

Associate

So we have a potential fake and another person who decided to test a 65W TDP R7 1700 against a 91W TDP Core i7 7700K,so we have no clue what the real clockspeeds the R7 was running at either.

Is it so hard for them to just set both CPUs to a fixed clockspeed to see what the IPC is like?? :p

It's a puzzle *evil grin*

Associate

from AMD
the guy on his youtube comments, says GTAV played on GTX 1060, i didnt know that Ryzen would make a maxed out 1080p GTAV run at 100fps on a 1060... that's quiet the accomplishement from AMD

Soldato
from AMD
the guy on his youtube comments, says GTAV played on GTX 1060, i didnt know that Ryzen would make a maxed out 1080p GTAV run at 100fps on a 1060... that's quiet the accomplishement from AMD

So we have a fake and another one where they magically got a R7 1700. Yet,in every single AMD launch they tended to sample the top SKU first,ie, it would be the R7 1800X.

So is AMD only sampling R7 1700 CPUs to reviewers?? That is third from the highest!! :p

Why no R7 1800X benchmark??

Caporegime
I saw this on AT forums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdqIsqwDRig

Apparently it is a R7 1700X tested in GTA V.

Interesting.... the two sides don't match-up exactly but watching it there does seem to be a 10 to 20 FPS on average advantage to the Zen side.

fghmnch.png

Associate
Probably... with reviews apparently still 9 days away there will be a hell of a lot more of it, by the time the real reviews are published there will be so much crap no one will know what's real and what's not.
About 6 days away
February only has 28 days. :)

Soldato
what i want to see are the following

1700 / 1700X / 1800X all benched at stock on X370 and B350 boards, and then all OC'd as far as they will go, on Air, AIO and WC Loops. Then we can get a good picture of which is the best performing chip and how held back they are by boards. Maybe even lob in some ram benches as well. We need to get a really clear picture of how they all fit together and which scenario gives the best bang for buck etc :)

Back
Top Bottom