• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Thought I would post this here, does anyone with then new crosshair board have the same problem as me with the board not posting, my board goes through all it's error codes and then sits on error 0d with no video output what so ever does anyone have any ideas

I get mine tomorrow, what memory are you using ?

Caporegime
Just saw this mentioned on AT forums:

Why AMD,why u do this at EVERY launch,rush??

So to summarise:
1.)Launch CPU one month before win patches drop
2.)SMT reduces performance but don't say anything to save face and most reviews have sub-par gaming performance. Reviewers who tested with SMT off get better performance. AMD should have just been honest and told reviewers their SMT implementation was not fully supported in games
3.)Windows power plans affect performance(probably due to lack of windows support) but I assume AMD missed that
4.)Motherboards are buggy
5.)Hardly any motherboard stock
6.)On Reddit AMA one PR person give vague answers which basically said devs need to patch performance,but it might just windows updates are needed in many cases
7.)They could have waited one month and negated many of these issues

Figures.... it add credence that Jokers results are valid, which is a good thing because they are actually very good.

Back
Top Bottom